Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello to all the new folks!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4395 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  04:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to welcome all the wonderful people who have recently joined our Knitter's Review community!

For a couple of months now I've been helping Clara by processing new Forum members. All I really do is make sure that spammers hawking Nikes from a suspicious IP address don't get to join and I'm still waiting for one to slip in under my radar so I get to see all the new names, far-flung locations, funny bios, and inspiring favorite quotations.

We're so lucky to have new members, knitters who have stories to tell or advice to lend so jump in! And if you have a question, or just an observation, please post it!

There are a few guidelines, detailed by Clara here. The FAQs are here. The Search feature is great; try searching "socks Fran Marrs" and you'll be amazed by one of our most beloved and sorely-missed members.

Most of all, know that all of us here welcome you to our knitting circle at Clara's "house." The chairs are all comfy, the porch swing is just right, and the liveliest conversations usually take place around the kitchen table.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  2:39:21 PM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jane

...All I really do is make sure that spammers hawking Nikes from a suspicious IP address don't get to join and I'm still waiting for one to slip in under my radar so I get to see all the new names, far-flung locations, funny bios, and inspiring favorite quotations.

Jane

So the "yarnsandfibers" poster is legit and approved?
http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=105367

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4395 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  3:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That one's on my "I'm Watching You" list.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2013 :  6:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And a mighty big THANK YOU to Jane for helping new members get in quickly and doing such a great job of guarding the gates. We couldn't be in better hands.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1261 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  08:35:15 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto from me. Thank you, Policeperson Jane! It's gotta be, in some senses, a thankless task in that it goes on behind the scenes so quietly we don't realize someone's there trying to keep this place free of trolls and blackguards. This is such a civilized place to be.

Thank you.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

dothead
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
550 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile Send dothead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And just the other day, I suddenly noticed that we had no more strange posts followed by another post that said "Clara notified." Now I know who to thank for that. Thanks, Jane!!!

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  04:27:19 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jane,

Thank you for all your great help.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth