Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Clara's New Book is Coming!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4383 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  05:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just in case you haven't heard, Clara's new book is to be released on September 1st. It's The Yarn Whisperer: My Unexpected Life in Knitting.

"Clara Parkes is the MFK Fisher of knitting: unflinching, all-seeing, mysterious—and also kind. In this collection of beautifully wrought essays, Clara explores the territory where knitting overlaps with a life well lived." - Ann Shayne and Kay Gardiner, Mason-Dixon Knitting

The essays are pure Clara—and I can't wait to have a finished copy in my hands!

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  06:02:22 AM  Show Profile Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its sooo exciting!! I'm stalking Amazon trying to will the order status to go from Not Yet Shipped to Shipped. I wonder if anyone has seen it "in the wild" at any bookstores?

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

394 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  09:45:25 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting for Amazon, too. I'm eager to read Clara's newest and can hardly wait.
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1248 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  10:30:48 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Confession: A publishing friend had a copy of the uncorrected proofs and let me borrow it. The introduction made me sob. I felt so Understood! So Known!

I had to give the bound proofs back to my friend, but I'm looking forward to seeing the finished book, so I can get past that soul-shattering intro. Congratulations, Clara!

edited to add: Just to clarify, this was an above board, legit copy of the book. My friend received it from Clara's publisher at a convention in New York for promotional purposes.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1682 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  10:31:49 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have all of Clara's books and will put this on my list of "I wants".
judy
Go to Top of Page

noallatin
Chatty Knitter

280 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  3:56:27 PM  Show Profile Send noallatin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one on order.
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2013 :  10:46:30 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me too!!!!

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1916 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  07:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
eagerly awaiting my bookstore to call me so I can go pick it up. SQUEE. I am so excited to read this book.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Catlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

394 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2013 :  09:53:09 AM  Show Profile Send Catlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just listened to Clara reading a chapter and loved it. Now I'm really having a hard time waiting for it to arrive.
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  04:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Her reading is so excellent! Looking forward to having the book in my hands too.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1939 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  09:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pre-ordered yesterday. Now to bug the publisher to "let" Clara record it. I love listening to her read to me.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
Go to Top of Page

Trishp73
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2013 :  10:02:34 AM  Show Profile Send Trishp73 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just ordered my copy. Should be arriving by next Friday!
Go to Top of Page

Trishp73
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  7:31:43 PM  Show Profile Send Trishp73 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clara's book arrived today! Can't wait to start reading!!
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  7:34:57 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And mine arrived today, too! Looking forward to the read.

Thanks Clara!

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  04:39:42 AM  Show Profile Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its a lovely blend of love, wisdom, humor ... Clara on paper!

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2662 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2013 :  09:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got mine yesterday - had been waiting and waiting for the UPS man. I heard the truck outside while we were having dinner and I ran out to meet him, I practically snatched it out of his hands. What Miriam said - it's Clara on paper!

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

One Stitch at a Time
Chatty Knitter

294 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2013 :  4:51:14 PM  Show Profile Send One Stitch at a Time a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Received mine today! I will be cuddling up with The Yarn Whisperer tonight. Another Clara book to have a special place on my bookshelves.

Nanci
Go to Top of Page

cpknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  1:37:48 PM  Show Profile Send cpknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My copy just arrived, evening is planned. Today has been a fiber today. The Jefferson County, WI fiber festival is this weekend and I spent the morning with all things sheepy.

Carol, Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2013 :  6:22:59 PM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I havej just bought my copy, and I cannot wait to read it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe