Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello From The Computer Chair.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MylieTheIceOwl
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  1:15:25 PM  Show Profile Send MylieTheIceOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm Mylie! I'm 13, and have been knitting for about 2 years. Maybe 3. I half taught myself to knit, half had my mom show me. I prefer teaching myself, since I can go at my own pace, and for some reason when people show me how to do stuff, I don't remember it as well.
I'm a die-hard Potterhead. (I hope there are some others out there, on Knitter's Review Forums...) If so, my favourite characters are Nymphadora Tonks, Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, and Ginny Weasley. Lest fave: You-Know-Who (duh), Harry Potter, and Umbridge. Potterheads, what are yours?
I'm currently knitting a sweater, a rug, mini Weasley sweater Christmas ornaments for my family, and soon a baby hat for my future nephew.

#9436;#9448;#9435;#9432;#9428;

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  6:05:49 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Miss Mylie! Welcome to the KR Forums. I live in Baltimore, MD, and I bet you will find fellow Harry Potter fans here!

I am a long-time knitter, and I'm impressed by your list of current projects! A variety of knitting challenges.

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

MylieTheIceOwl
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  08:44:23 AM  Show Profile Send MylieTheIceOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey! Thank you! For both welcoming me and complimenting m. (: About how long have you been knitting?

Go to Top of Page

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  08:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mshark's Homepage Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mylie -- Welcome to the KR Forums. Great to have you here! Do you know about the collection of Harry Potter knitwear designs? Here is a link in case you haven't run across it yet: http://www.interweavestore.com/the-unofficial-harry-potter-knits-2013.

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Go to Top of Page

MylieTheIceOwl
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  08:59:00 AM  Show Profile Send MylieTheIceOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, and thank you! I haven't heard of it, but the link didn't work. :/

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1236 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  11:00:50 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mylie--Welcome to KR. Your favorite characters are mine too. They are all very loveable. Neville Longbottom is also a particular favorite of mine.

I'm impressed at your knitting skillz at your age. The link didn't work because of the period on the end. Try this:

http://www.interweavestore.com/the-unofficial-harry-potter-knits-2013

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  3:51:23 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, Mylie, from Maine! So nice to have you join us. I think you will find lots of inspiration for your knitting and answers to almost any knitting question you might have. I have been knitting since I was 8 years old, my sister-in-law taught me to knit. That was a long time ago. I find that people here on the forums inspire me to try techniques I might not have tried otherwise.
judy
Go to Top of Page

MylieTheIceOwl
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  4:42:52 PM  Show Profile Send MylieTheIceOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, now that the link works.... Yes, I have seen that magazine, and I REALLY want to knit that cardigan on the front. It's gorg. (:

Neville's pretty awesome, though I feel like a lot of people like him only because Matthew Lewis is a mix of cute and hot. Also, thank you, robinstephanie, My skills aren't that great, they're pretty average, and I don't think they'll really get any better.

Extra inspiration is always good to have. (: I don't really have any good knitters around to help me through my frustrations, so being on here is really good. (:

Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  5:56:30 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KF, Mylie! Nice to have a youngster knitter join us!
All those projects, u go girl! Please let us know your progress!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1236 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  08:19:32 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mylie--You are going to get TONS better, trust me. That's the way it goes when you start knitting at, like, 10.

I like Neville cause he's humble, sweet, honest, and brave. There was just somthin' about him all through the movies that I liked, and I looked forward to seeing him in the next movie. Then I read the books and found out how much there was to Neville that the movies didn't even mention! I never thought about him being cute/hot. (I'm old enough to be his mama.)

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

MylieTheIceOwl
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile Send MylieTheIceOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Craftymjw! Thanks! And, I probably won't show you the progress on my projects... I'll be too embarrassed about the results. And, I quite agree about the balanced diet. (:

Robinsteph, I hope so. (: And, yes, those are the parts about Neville I like. Also, I hate it how in the movies they skip SO much, and have Dobby do things that Neville did or stuff Neville did, Dobby do. It's like they think they are the same person!! >:(

RAVK
Go to Top of Page

Lynne604
Warming Up

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  06:40:07 AM  Show Profile Send Lynne604 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome. My family and I recently had a "Potterthon"; watched all 8 Potter movies back to back over Labor Day weekend. It had been quite a while since we had seen the earlier ones. As always, we were a bit irritated at all the changes from the books, mostly beginning with "Goblet of Fire." The scene in the book where Dudley's tongue grows to four feet after he eats an enchanted piece of candy should have been in the movie. But the Dursleys were left out completely, as they were in the "Half Blood Prince" movie.

My favorite characters have always been Harry and Hermione. I think they should have ended up together. They had much in common, both being raised in the Muggle world and not knowing they were wizards until their Hogwarts letters arrived.

Have you read any Harry Potter fanfiction? There are many sites still in operation; my favorite is The Quidditch Pitch. I am a validated author and have over 20 stories published.

I'm glad you are knitting at such a young age. I didn't learn until I was much older. My local yarn shop had an after-school class for your age group last year. After the first week, the instructor passed around a basket for them to leave their cell phones until class was over. She said "You cannot knit and text at the same time!"
Go to Top of Page

MylieTheIceOwl
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile Send MylieTheIceOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh.... my friends and I should TOTALLY do that sometime. (Just as soon as my bestie finishes the Deathly Hallows). I hate how they changed stuff, it basically isn't Harry Potter anymore. That Dudley scene is one of my favourites. (:

I prefer to ship Hermione with Draco, but I did, when I was reading the books the first time, think that Harry and Hermione would be together. I was terribly wrong. Ron doesn't deserve Hermione.

Yep, mostly on harrypotterfanfiction.com Wow... you've been busy, I see.. o.o

Can't knit and text at the same time? Challenge accepted. As soon as I get a phone that has texting. (:

RAVK
Go to Top of Page

Beatricey1
New Pal

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2013 :  07:49:55 AM  Show Profile Send Beatricey1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mylie!

I am impressed that you are so young and knitting up Harry Potter sweaters! This made me smile as I am also a fan. I hope to hear more about your projects as you get them finished.

Mari & Beatrice the bulldog

Go to Top of Page

MylieTheIceOwl
New Pal

15 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2013 :  08:29:46 AM  Show Profile Send MylieTheIceOwl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey! Thanks Yeah, eventually, I'm kind of a slow knitter, so, it might be a while until my projects are finished. (:

RAVK
Go to Top of Page

Carolm7323
New Pal

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  10:15:25 AM  Show Profile Send Carolm7323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are amazing. Such a lot of projects. I have the Harry Potter patterns and I love the patterns. Wish I had started knitting as early as you did.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe