Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Knitting Gifts For Christmas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Daylily
New Pal

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  8:09:07 PM  Show Profile Send Daylily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AS soon as I finish the last baby blanket I am working on, I have to get started on my Christmas gifts. My Daughter-in-law wants a slouchy hat. She said black or white , pattern or no pattern, leaves it up to me. Grandson wants a pair of fingertip gloves , a hat and a scarf. He is 8 years old and thinks the mittens I made last year are now too babyish for him. Then I have two pairs of mittens for two little boys that come through my crossing( I am a school crossing guard) So yes I will be busy in the next few weeks

Daylily, another one tomorrow

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1810 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  12:05:44 AM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Daylily. I am writing to you because you are a New Pal on the KR Forums! Welcome to you from Baltimore.

I hope you enjoy posting and reading on these forums. You will find lots of help, support, friendship, fun, and all sorts of stuff!

Good luck with all your Christmas projects--they sound like fun.

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2605 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  09:35:44 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This year seems like such a good year to knit gifts - lots of options for cowls, little (crescent) shawls, convertible or fingerless gloves, slouchy hats. Now to just get started...

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

purlewe
Permanent Resident

1932 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  10:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit purlewe's Homepage Send purlewe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love knitting holiday gifts. I need to get on them soon! I have a scarf for my sister and a slouchy hat on the needles. But fingerless mitts always end up being quick gifts for sure!

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

EmEm
Warming Up

Ireland
88 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2013 :  8:13:07 PM  Show Profile Send EmEm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My grandson wanted fingerless mitts last year. I made the mitts and a scarf out of Cascades Superwash Merino. (So my daughter could wash them in the machine). The mitt pattern was "Fits Like A ... Glove" by Nancy Lindberg. It sounds like you will be busy, but the best kind of busy.
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2013 :  4:48:44 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Normally I would have my Christmas knitting nearly done by now. This year, however, I had shoulder surgery in May, and although I am back to knitting, I think I will only squeak out a sweater or two for my granddaughter. While I am back to knitting, I cant yet keep at it quite as long as I would like.
judy
Go to Top of Page

stherio
New Pal

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  05:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit stherio's Homepage Send stherio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As usual, I have a list of items I WANT to make. How many will make it to a gift bag is a totally different list :-)

Suzy
Go to Top of Page

Collier
New Pal

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  07:08:01 AM  Show Profile Send Collier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Usually I make socks for my husband and my son, which I am again doing this Christmas. In fact they may each get two pairs this year. Since we don't have family to celebrate with in our area, I've borrowed an idea from the Yarn Harlot for a bee-stitch wash cloth and turned it into this year's Christmas grab box gift. I've knit a set of three washcloths in different colors with matching ribbons to keep them together. Several sets go in a box to be sent out of town and the recipients can choose which color combinations they want. They can then swap colors if they choose. It's an experiment with this side of the family so we'll see how it goes!

Claudia
Go to Top of Page

Zoomom
New Pal

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  07:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Zoomom's Homepage Send Zoomom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am almost done my holiday knitting. I started in June. I knit 37 hats for family members, all different. They get to choose their own hat. I have one scarf to do, and that is it.
:)

Hand knit socks rock.
Go to Top of Page

Kathy63146
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  10:28:43 AM  Show Profile Send Kathy63146 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am finishing up a sweater for my husband, hope to have it done next week. I am also working on a lace and cable hat for my daughter.
My daughter's former room mate requested an ear warmer, and I complete that several weeks ago while watching the World Series.

Kathleen S Schonlau
Go to Top of Page

Quietlynne
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  10:56:17 AM  Show Profile Send Quietlynne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have big plans for Christmas and the yarn is purchased. It will be interesting to have another forum for find out how many knitters finished their gifts. As for me, time is passing. I don't think I'll make it!

Peace, Quietlynne
Go to Top of Page

RuthieJ
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  06:54:40 AM  Show Profile Send RuthieJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I crocheted the red "angry bird" hat for my great nephew for his birthday and everyone loved it. I've had a couple of requests for the pink (girl) angry bird hat from my nieces, so it looks like angry bird earflap hats are going to be my crocheted gifts this year!

(I'm also working in charity projects in between gift projects -- mittens for our LYS "warm hands" project and chemo caps for the guests at the Gift of Life Transplant House where I work and knitting to keep my Etsy store stocked thru Christmas. If only I didn't have to leave the house for work....sigh)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe