Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Stay AWAY from this store in Freeport, Maine!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TagandLink
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2013 :  06:57:06 AM  Show Profile Send TagandLink a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I could give Grace Robinson Yarn Store NO stars I would.
On an impulse buy I got a set of circular needles only to get home to find out she'd charged me $25 MORE than the going rate. Shame on me for not knowing the price beforehand.
Thinking she maybe had the price wrong, I called the store only to be told that the purchase I'd made the day before and hadn't opened yet could only be returned for store credit! I asked if she could send me a skein of yarn as a token of good faith for a disappointed customer. I never heard back from her.
A good friend of mine, who's a local shopper, has been in the store often enough to understand the insufficiency of pricing and returns. She told me she has a reputation for not giving ANY customer service. Indeed if you take the time to check Yelp and Google you'll find many similar reviews.
Not worth it to go there and get fleeced. There are plenty of other WONDERFUL yarn stores in nearby Portland who treat their customers right.

LJ
Permanent Resident

USA
1940 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2013 :  4:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit LJ's Homepage Send LJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not familiar with this store. A retail store can set it's own prices if it's within the contract they have with the vendor of the item. And many stores have no return policies or return for store credit policies. As patrons we need to understand before we purchase or make a decision to not shop there again.

While you're here on Knitters Review look around and see what this site provides. We're a friendly bunch.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by