Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Help please anyone with a Berger de France poncho
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  07:13:54 AM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am new today to the site. I am knit whit 99. I have been a knitter on and off for very many years and should by now have accomplished more than I have. Ok for fair isle; cable; and a variety of well used stitches.

I am very stuck at the moment on a Bergere de France project for a poncho. The instructions are bamboozling me and I am not alone it seems. It is in their Irish knits book. Pattern36. The stitches are understood but it says to knit two panels first and cast off . Then to cast on a hundred and so stitches and knit as one piece. Where are the two separate panels to be placed? If anyone can help me understand I would be eternally grateful.
Many thanks and Hello.

auntlinda
Chatty Knitter

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  11:23:58 AM  Show Profile Send auntlinda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you give us more info? Do you think the 2 panels are the side pieces & perhaps the additional stitches are the center bit?

I found a photo here:
http://www.bergeredefrance.com/modeles/par-publication/mag-159-irlandais/mag-159-n-36-poncho.html

maybe that will help somebody to figure it out.

~Linda
Go to Top of Page

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2014 :  1:36:35 PM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post a photo and suggestion re poncho. I did reply via a reply to the email received from you with as much info as possible really. I hope you received this as I am a bit of a technophobe. My own records say it was sent. I hope so.

I hope you can see why it is confusing?
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  10:07:59 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So it turns out the pattern had some major errata. The two separate panels were from another pattern entirely. So just beware, if you knit this pattern!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Knit whit99
New Pal

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  11:22:01 AM  Show Profile Send Knit whit99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes! I will be wary and se how it goes. Thanks for helping.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe