Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 knitting technology advances (opinions)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daisychainply
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  08:15:50 AM  Show Profile Send daisychainply a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im currently doing some research on technological advances within knitwear and what effect it is having on design. I was hoping i could get some opinions on the questions i have posted below…

When creating knitwear what techniques do you use , full fashioned and linked by hand or cut and sew or a other technique? And why do you use this technique in particular?

What machines do you use when creating a collection?

do you feel there isn’t a lot of updated resources available for knitwear using older machinery?

What are your opinions on the advances in knitwear technology ? Full fashioned garments produce in a couple of hours?

Do you see the design craft of knitwear being lost because of technological advances?

I would be extremely grateful for any opinions

Kind regards

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4383 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2014 :  09:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to KR, daisychainply! Since your topic was posted in several places, I've narrowed it down to this one to make it easier for Forum members to see and respond to your questions.

I'm interested to know what's led you to ask your questions. Are you doing personal research, or gathering information for an article or book? Most of us here at KR (myself included) are hand knitters, so we may not have much to contribute, but we're all interested in where knitting is going and what the trends are.

I hope you'll post again, and let us know a little more about you—what do you knit, by hand or machine, and are you a designer as well?

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth