Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 hi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Purplelisa
New Pal

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2014 :  05:52:57 AM  Show Profile Send Purplelisa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My name is Lisa I live in eastsussex I was taught to knit by my mum at around ten as I got older I taught myself more,I have recently learnt how to crochet I did find this hard to begin with but now make a lot of character beanies.I was given a knitting machine about five years ago but never have been able to use it I am trying again at the moment and hoping to get it knitting.I love craft and I am looking forward to charting on here. Lisa xx

socks4all
Permanent Resident

USA
1460 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  05:33:37 AM  Show Profile Send socks4all a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, Lisa. There are both hand and machine knitter, and crochet-ers among us. Tell us your problems, we will help solve them. Tell us your triumphs, we will celebrate with you!
Socks4all
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  1:53:15 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums! I am strictly a hand knitter, but there are many her who do machine knitting. Be sure to check out those threads.
Judy
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1230 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Purplelisa, welcome to KR, from northern California in the US. I'm a knitter and crocheter, too. I love both, for different reasons. Good luck with that knitting machine. There are people here who have them, so if you have any questions, you might get them answered here.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Purplelisa
New Pal

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  10:58:23 AM  Show Profile Send Purplelisa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome xx
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  11:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi from the State of Pennsylvania. Since your knitting machine has been sitting for so long you may need a new sponge bar. The sponge deteriorates, with time, and then the needles aren't being held properly in place. Google knitting machine sponge bar for information.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Go to Top of Page

Purplelisa
New Pal

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2014 :  1:02:30 PM  Show Profile Send Purplelisa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I think you are right about the bar the machine doesn't catch all stiches or takes them off . I have been watching YouTube videos as instruction manual isn't that clear.:-)
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
1989 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  09:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Welcome, Lisa, to KR.

Robinsteph was right on (as per her usual!!) when she wrote that folks here have knitting machines & can offer up some assistance to you.

Look forward to your posts.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by