Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Jiffy Vest by Bente Geil
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chicksiii
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  10:20:29 AM  Show Profile Send chicksiii a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully someone is familiar with this pattern and can help me. I've just started working with this Jiffy vest pattern. I casted on 203 stitches as instructed. I'm working on row 4 and found that the stitch count to be worked on that row is only 201 (based on what I counted out from the instructions for that row, I came out with a total of the 201). There are two extra stitches plus the ribbing doesn't line up after I get to the first marker and do the ssk and p2. The instruction to do [(p3,k3) 5 times] has me working the purl 3 on 3 knit stitches thus throwing off the alignment of the ribbing.
Am I missing reading something? Please help. This is my first knitted garment for myself
(Have made several baby and children's pieces) and would really like to be successful with this. It' such a great design for a vest.

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  3:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found this pattern on Ravelry, and it is quite the design!

I'm not sure from your post if you are saying that you should still have 203 stitches, or that on row 4 you need to have 201 stitches. I went to the website to see if I could purchase the pattern, but it looks like the whole website is in Dutch or German or something, so I couldn't figure out where to order it.

There are 80 projects listed on Ravelry, and some of those people have finished the vest. Perhaps your best bet is to read some of the comments over there and write to some of those people privately.

And if you would, tell us how you ordered the pattern!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

878 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  7:21:32 PM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The pattern is available from The Websters:

http://yarnatwebsters.com/store/geilsk-pattern-jiffy.html

flicka
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2365 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2014 :  07:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you tried Websters to see if they know of any way to check with the designer about errata or help? It looks as if this pattern is support for a yarn line that they might carry.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Go to Top of Page

chicksiii
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  11:43:32 PM  Show Profile Send chicksiii a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your responses. I did check Ravelry before I posted here and did not find anyone who commented on a problem with the pattern. More than half the comments were in Danish (?) I think. I've also sent a message to the designer through Ravelry's message box but have not had a reply. I even enlisted the expertise of a local yarn store owner and she agrees that as I start row 4 I am correct in having 203 stitches on my needles. However, in the pattern the instructions tell me to knit up only 201 stitches for row 4. I will see if any one at Websters is familiar with the pattern. Bummed that my first attempt at knitting something other than a scarf or socks for myself has been met with a roadblock like this right off the bat! :-(
Go to Top of Page

flicka
Seriously Hooked

878 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  07:35:00 AM  Show Profile Send flicka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The vest looks like an interesting challenge. Thanks for calling the pattern to our attention. I hope you are able to resolve the issue, and let us know when you do!

flicka
Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1256 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  08:32:52 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's not a selvedge edge is there? You're not supposed to slip the first stitch of every row and knit the last and do the ribbing in between those? (I've never seen the latter in a pattern, but I've heard some selvedges have you slip both first and last.) That would account for those two missing stitches.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.