Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 quick intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

preister
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  5:58:24 PM  Show Profile Send preister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello. The first thing everyone seems to say is who taught them to knit: that would be my grandmother. About four years ago I got back to it and started making scarves with cheap yarn to see if I would actually finish projects. I did. This year I gave in to the dark side and started buying yarn before I was ready to use it which seemed to mean I can really call myself a knitter. Cheers.

preister
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  6:00:30 PM  Show Profile Send preister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, I started buying better yarn. Very satisfying.
Go to Top of Page

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  10:51:21 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi preister, Welcome from Chicago. I'm always buying yarn without a project. I'm also know I'm a yarn snob. I have had a taste of the good stuff and I like it. I knit with a group and we sometimes have group knit along and you will always hear why doesn't mind look like yours when it its the same pattern. I always say its the tension, the way we knit I swatch and some don't. I knit because it relaxes me so I take my time. And last I'm a knitter and I'm proud of it. I welcome you to the knitters club. We all have the same problem and hope there is never a cure.Donna
Go to Top of Page

preister
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  8:16:11 PM  Show Profile Send preister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have yet to swatch but hope to do some bigger projects soon and will tackle it then. Thanks for the welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  7:17:20 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My grandmother taught me to knit, too. Only the knit, throwing. Did that for years. Now I'm a picker.

Welcome, welcome. Come early and often. This site seems to be getting quiet. Too bad. It's not cold enough that we're all knitting ourselves into a corner, is it??

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  08:51:19 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool, learning from your grandmother. I learned on YouTube. Feh.

And yeah, a nice, succulent yarn can make for a pretty tactile experience while knitting. Love that. Welcome to the cabal!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

crafty1mjw@comcast.net
Seriously Hooked

USA
909 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2014 :  5:03:12 PM  Show Profile Send crafty1mjw@comcast.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the KF, preister! My parents were always too busy to take me to classes, so I taught myself to knit. It's been very satisfying.

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe