Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 The head count on threads
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2014 :  4:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I first begin a thread, and watch for my thread to be posted, it tells me that two people have seen it. If I go back and edit my post right away, and again watch for my changes to be posted, then KR tells me that two more people have seen it. But all of those four people are ME!

Is there a way to adjust the headcount of each thread so that the actual number of people who have seen it shows? The counter seems to be double dipping.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2014 :  10:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correction: when I started this thread, it immediately said hat three people had already looked at it. I'm very sure those three people are me.

Ceil
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  09:26:36 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looked at it!

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4388 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  03:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The count does register whenever you view or post, but it's not necessarily inaccurate there are many people who visit the forums without being members. They can't post, but they can read. KR is also a popular result in Google searches. At any given time there may be more than 100 visitors, only a couple of whom are members! They could quite possibly be reading your thread at the same moment that you're posting, editing, or reading.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
My Website: Not Plain Jane
My Ravelry Store: Jane Cochran
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2027 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  05:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Jane, thanks for the thorough info re the "read" count - I have seen KR as a source for many topics for which I wanted more info. It's great to think that folks from all over are reading the Forum!

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ceil
Permanent Resident

USA
1792 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2014 :  9:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ceil's Homepage Send Ceil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is all good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

Ceil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe