Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 Freakishly lost UFO
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2014 :  10:44:45 AM  Show Profile Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was getting on th elevator after doing the laundry at my mom's apartment building, juggling clean laundry etc. and dropped the little project I was working on -- perfect shot as if I'd planned it, straight down the gap between the elevator and the floor, unspooling the cone of Habu as it went. Glad I hadn't got very far and am using graduated series of needles, so I guess I'll just start over and skip the 4s! Can you top THAT?

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2074 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2014 :  4:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Damn! Is there anything the building maintenance folks can do?

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2678 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2014 :  2:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh dear! Miriam, I don't know how old the building is or what condition the elevators are in, but once my husband (then boyfriend) dropped his keys down the elevator shaft in my apartment building. We went to the basement, sent the elevator back up, and peered into the shaft. Because it was so old there were still folding screen/cages instead of doors, we were able to retrieve them with an unbent coat hanger. Even if your building is more modern, the super might be able to get the project back. If you want it. Since the cone of Habu is still in hand, perhaps you are better off forgetting it!

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

strandedgirl
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  12:13:18 PM  Show Profile Send strandedgirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh no. I bet you couldn't make that shot that again if your life depended on it... Definitely ask your super if there is a way to access it, if you really want it back.

My name is Michelle, and I'm a yarnaholic.
Go to Top of Page

Mshark
Warming Up

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  5:02:08 PM  Show Profile Send Mshark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fortunately, I hadn't made it very far into the project so I cut my losses, so to speak. Thanks for the commiserations, all!

Miriam
Knitshark
Yarn Longa Vita Brevis Est

Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2014 :  5:26:13 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, that's a bummer!
Go to Top of Page

irishfisherman
New Pal

Ireland
6 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2014 :  05:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit irishfisherman's Homepage Send irishfisherman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it was a sign to start again!

The History of our Forefathers is woven into our being
Go to Top of Page

Rwats2
Chatty Knitter

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2014 :  09:45:00 AM  Show Profile Send Rwats2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bless your heart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?