Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Desparately seeking help!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

era253
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2014 :  07:27:18 AM  Show Profile Send era253 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there anyone out there who will finish a cardigan for me? Yes, I know that matching the gauge will be an issue. But, insurmountable? I started a cardigan three years ago at the request of my sister who paid a lot of money for the yarn, and chose a very complicated pattern. I'm an experienced knitter, but really struggled with this. I actually finished it, short of putting on the button band, so she could try it on while we were visiting her (out of state.) She did not like the size of the armscyes. I wound up frogging the whole thing and reknitting it. When I went to put the pieces together, I found I had knit two left fronts. I frogged one and started a right side. I had to have hand surgery in here, which delayed the project by 4 months. Then, we decided to move to Florida. My sister keeps making sarcastic remarks about how long this is all taking. I really don't want to lose all credibility in her eyes, but I can't even stand to look at this thing anymore. I need the right front finished, and the sweater put together. I will pay someone a fair price to do it. But, it requires a very skilled knitter. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Janettoo
Warming Up

59 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2014 :  7:31:10 PM  Show Profile Send Janettoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a vest like that that I knit for my sister-in-law. She didn't seem to understand the concept of "how many inches around do you want it to be?" In fair isle. Couldn't do it in the round so every other row was purled. (Long story) And her size kept changing.

Era253, I suggest that you contact a yarn shop in your area, or as close to your area as there is. They would know skilled knitters who would take your commission.

The alternative is to refund your sister the money, and tell her that the sweater is just not meant to be. Sweaters are like that sometimes.

Janet in TN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?