Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Helloooo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Luwana
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  10:54:31 AM  Show Profile Send Luwana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My name is Lani and am a San Francisco native who is now living in Central Oregon, just east of the Cascade Mountains in the High Desert.

I am sure that is was my mother who taught me to knit as I remember her knitting socks for my father. I think they were argyle socks as I remember little packets with yarn wrapped around them hanging from the socks.

I am primarily a knitter who spins and am always torn by which thing I want to do. I usually make time to spin on the weekends, but am glad that knitting is portable enough to be able to do that during lunch at work.

I also have a flatbed knitting machine and a circular sock machine that are both sadly neglected. I decided that what I'm doing is collecting the equipment and stash for when I finally retire and have time to do all the things I want.

Lani

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2073 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  03:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do.

Lucky you, Lani, to live in that part of Oregon! What a beautiful place.

Cool that your Mom knitted argyle socks for your Dad - what a sweet memory.

Re knitting as a portable craft, I went from quilting to knitting because I wanted something that was portable. I also began to read the KNITTER'S REVIEW & fell in love with Clara's writing (I am still in love w/her writing ^ .. ^ ) & then I fell for knitting.

Look forward to more of your posts.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by