Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 Bad habits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

dm82585
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  05:32:23 AM  Show Profile Send dm82585 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I smell the yarn - every time. I just have to.

Deborah Knight

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
543 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  07:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the club! I sniff yarn, too, and especially love the minimally processed wools that smell of lanolin and hay and various field flowers. I also don't want a yarn that smells bad, you know, cigarette smoke, chemicals, "artificial" perfumes, etc.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

fargoflash
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  05:49:25 AM  Show Profile Send fargoflash a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Viva la difference! I prefer to touch, squeeze and touch the yarn again.
Go to Top of Page

emahar

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  06:09:59 AM  Show Profile Send emahar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From now on I will smell the yarn. Have been battling bronchitis for months and started knitting with a chunky acrylic for the Red Scarf Project. Yuck, have not stopped coughing, putting yarn in plastic bag and giving it away.
Go to Top of Page

Yarnovah
Warming Up

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  09:38:26 AM  Show Profile Send Yarnovah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mostly I touch, squeeze and rub it on my arm and cheek. I have sniffed, but since I rarely smoke or snort it....(LOL)

Sally
Go to Top of Page

hna46
New Pal

10 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  10:04:19 AM  Show Profile Send hna46 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love to smell yarn in stores, fiber fairs, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Sophy0075
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  5:46:11 PM  Show Profile Send Sophy0075 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I smell fleece (intoxicating!) but not yarn. Never thought of it. However, I love to squish yarn. Shopping for yarn online is simply not the same as being able to see it for real and to squish it!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe