Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 How to Use the Knitter's Review Forums
 Suggestion for new folder?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tabbico
Seriously Hooked

USA
960 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  12:59:07 PM  Show Profile Send Tabbico a Private Message
I am a civil war reenactor and have gotten totally hooked on historic patterns and knitting. On the web there are a bunch of us. Could you start a folder on, say, "historic knitting" for us afficionados of past centuries of knitting???

Polly

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  4:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Oooooh, that's a very good suggestion! I'll put it at the top of my list. Thanks Polly!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

scarf-o-matic
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  01:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit scarf-o-matic's Homepage Send scarf-o-matic a Private Message
I really like that idea. I am obsessed at the moment with recreating a scarf I saw on the TV programme 'Foyle's war'. I assume that it is either a WWII scarf or a clever wardrobe person's choice that looked about right for the period. I have tried to trawl the web for a woman's WWII period scarf and not had much success, so a historic knitting KR folder would be fab.

http://scarfomatic.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  03:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
Oh yes, I like that idea too - I laboured long and hard over a traditional Cornish gansey for a friend with Cornish roots - I'm plucking up the courage to try one in the round on long dpns but that might be a bit too ambitious - I know they used 'knitting sticks' to support their work - does anyone know if they are still made anywhere?

Best wishes

Jane

PS Sorry Clara if we are pre-empting the folder's set up - just very keen!
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2058 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  4:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Your topic suggestion, Polly, is one I would not have tho't of - how interesting it will be to learn more about the history of knitting via the garments that were made.
Scarf-o-matic, I loved "Foyle's War" - the costumes were wonderful in that show. Love PBS!
Martha
Go to Top of Page

nuttyknittingmama
Chatty Knitter

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  8:49:08 PM  Show Profile Send nuttyknittingmama a Private Message
Another suggestion.. and maybe it is here already and I just haven't found it. How about a recipe spot? I have some excellent recipes for the holidays that I would love to share with everyone.

Gretchen
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  9:02:19 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Gretchen, there is a recipe section.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

nuttyknittingmama
Chatty Knitter

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  3:42:57 PM  Show Profile Send nuttyknittingmama a Private Message
thank you, ummmm where is it.

Gretchen

Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  4:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
http://knittersreview.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=17

There's a "Things We Do Besides Knitting" section...

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  4:51:27 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
It is under Things We Do Besides Knitting - Recipe Swap.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

nuttyknittingmama
Chatty Knitter

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  5:27:04 PM  Show Profile Send nuttyknittingmama a Private Message
thank you again

gretchen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.