Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Book and Magazine Swap
 OLD Christmas Stocking pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fryguys
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  06:34:49 AM  Show Profile Send fryguys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am trying to locate a very old Christmas stocking pattern. It is one that my grandmother started knitting in the 1950's, so I know that this request is a long shot. We think that it may have been published in a Better Homes and Gardens or other woman's magazine in the early to mid 50's. It's knit on two needles and had a picture of Santa hanging a white stocking. There are 2 rows of red bricks near the top and his beard is made from angora so that it's fuzzy. There have been a number of knitters in the family over the years that have made this sock and all we have left are hand reproduced copies of the pattern. If anyone recognizes this and knows where I could find an original, I would be very grateful.

katvwolfe
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  4:34:06 PM  Show Profile Send katvwolfe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kelly,

My mom and I have been looking everywhere for this pattern!!! Would you mind sending it to me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Kate
Go to Top of Page

knitwitness
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  10:03:12 PM  Show Profile Send knitwitness a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kelly, I have also been looking for this pattern. Years ago, before I started knitting, a lady in St. Augustine, FL used to knit that stocking. I would love to have it but have lost track of her.

Please e-mail me if you get a chance.

baell550@alltell.net

thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

knitwitness
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  09:57:30 AM  Show Profile Send knitwitness a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kelly, I did not get the e-mail you sent. My first thought would be that you sent it to beall rather than baell. Most people see our name as beall the first time they see it as there are no other baell's on the planet earth that we have been able to find.

knitwitness
Go to Top of Page

PeepsKnits
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  08:26:09 AM  Show Profile Send PeepsKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have directions for a knitted Christmas Stocking but the chart is missing. The stocking has a santa on the front standing in front of a christmas tree which you decorate with sequins. The back of the stocking has two ornaments. There is a band on the top where you put in the child's name. Does anyone have the chart for the stocking? Thank you!!
Go to Top of Page

klineme
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  9:37:26 PM  Show Profile Send klineme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a hand knit Christmas stocking that was made for my child in 1976. Today our dog found it and chewed a large piece out of it. I would like to make one just like it. It sounds like you have patterns that are close to what I have. It is a red knit foot with a white toe and heel. The upper part of the stocking is green with a red and white band at the top with my son's name in the white band. On the upper green background is a Santa's face with his beard done in white angora and below his face is a wrapped gift. On the back of the stocking is the head of a reindeer with antlers. If anyone has this pattern, I would gladly buy it. Or if someone makes these, I would pay them to knit it. Please contact me with any suggestions or advice as to how I can either obtain this pattern or have someone make one for me. Thanks, Peg
Go to Top of Page

mhthompson
New Pal

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:43:28 PM  Show Profile Send mhthompson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the Santa and Xmas tree with sequins pattern and graph. In fact I have several. It was cheaper to buy kits , this is how it came, than to buy more yarn and uses the same graph. Send me a PM and I will send it to you. I have made at least a dozen of this pattern.
Go to Top of Page

mhthompson
New Pal

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  11:46:33 PM  Show Profile Send mhthompson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds like either a Grace Ennis stocking http://www.grkp.com/christmaspromo.htm
or a knit o graf stocking. The later can be found on ebay.Just search for knit o graf. The daughter still sells the Knit o Graf patterns as well.
Go to Top of Page

vitabella
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2007 :  10:33:13 AM  Show Profile Send vitabella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone ever find this pattern?? I have been looking for it for ages! If anyone has this pattern can you please send it to me. I am actually looking for someone to commission to make several for me but first I need to pattern.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Kellymtx
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  2:59:03 PM  Show Profile Send Kellymtx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi. I know this discussion is old but if anyone still needs this pattern, I have it. I also have dozens of others I got from my grandmother. Just send me an email. -Kelly
Go to Top of Page

mrssuem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
457 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  2:26:04 PM  Show Profile Send mrssuem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have patterns for Christmas stockings. If anyone is looking for a specific pattern feel free to email me and I'll see if I have the pattern you want. Sue
Go to Top of Page

crafty lady
New Pal

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  4:58:57 PM  Show Profile Send crafty lady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrssuem

I also have patterns for Christmas stockings. If anyone is looking for a specific pattern feel free to email me and I'll see if I have the pattern you want. Sue

Hi Sue, I'm looking for patterns for christmas stockings. Santa, snowman, rudolph, etc. Do you still have your patterns. Any and all would be appreciated. Thanks, Pat
Go to Top of Page

daple
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  4:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Send daple a Yahoo! Message Send daple a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellymtx

Hi. I know this discussion is old but if anyone still needs this pattern, I have it. I also have dozens of others I got from my grandmother. Just send me an email. -Kelly

Go to Top of Page

daple
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  4:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Send daple a Yahoo! Message Send daple a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am new to this site, but am looking for a knitted santa sock pattern. How do I contact Sue? I have done these stockings for every niece and nephew, grands, etc. but lost all patterns in Hurricane Katrina. Now have a new granddaughter-in-law who "has" to have a stocking like the others.
Please help.
Delores
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  7:17:21 PM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daple
How do I contact Sue?

go to her profile (click on her name to the left of her posts) and click on "send email"
or send her a private message by clicking on the red "PM" above her posts
Go to Top of Page

daple
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  8:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Send daple a Yahoo! Message Send daple a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanx, Mickey. I did that and now have my exact pattern!
Delores
Go to Top of Page

4krnatv
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  05:03:39 AM  Show Profile Send 4krnatv a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Go to Top of Page

4krnatv
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  05:08:08 AM  Show Profile Send 4krnatv a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love any Christmas stocking patterns. I just finished the 1945 one that I found out about in Mason Dixon knitting and it turned out well, but I would love any others. Let me know, please.
Go to Top of Page

Letty
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  1:11:15 PM  Show Profile Send Letty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kelly - If you have this it would be wonderful! My grandmother passed away and we're not sure what happened to the pattern. My e-mail is lettyhoagland@embarqmail.com. I'd love to finish the patterns for the new kids.
Go to Top of Page

blairroy
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  12:55:03 PM  Show Profile Send blairroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 4krnatv

I would love any Christmas stocking patterns. I just finished the 1945 one that I found out about in Mason Dixon knitting and it turned out well, but I would love any others. Let me know, please.

Grace Ennis Christmas Stocking Patterns

I found the new distributor of the Grace Ennis Christmas Stockings! Susan owns a shop in Florida and has started selling the pattens when Reid stopped. I have ordered patterns just last week and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Check out her website. http://www.astitchintime.com/
Happy knitting!

Go to Top of Page

hat
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  2:30:00 PM  Show Profile Send hat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for some old stocking kits. My mom made them for years starting in early 50s. I have some of the patterns, but they are so old they are hard to read. Most were made from Bucilla or Bernat kits. Have searched the web but can't locate any new ones. Can anyone help?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?