Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 What kind of yarn are you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

erica_hickey
Warming Up

76 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit erica_hickey's Homepage Send erica_hickey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am Merino Wool.

Find out what kind you are by taking a quick quiz at: http://quizilla.com/users/bisybackson/quizzes/What%20kind%20of%20yarn%20are%20you%3F/

my blog: http://knitpics.blogspot.com

brown-eyed purl
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  09:59:21 AM  Show Profile Send brown-eyed purl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm dishcloth cotton...mostly true except my DH would tell you I'm not so good at cleaning!
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3460 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  10:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another Dishcloth cotton here! That's right, I am a little OCD about things around the house...

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

PatriciaG
Chatty Knitter

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  10:23:49 AM  Show Profile Send PatriciaG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm mohair.

Patrica in West Sac., CA.

"How did I get over the hill without getting up to the top"
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:03:29 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mohair here. Hmmmmm.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

beautyoftradition
New Pal

35 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:12:06 AM  Show Profile Send beautyoftradition a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first time I took the quiz I got Shetland wool...second time I took the quiz I got Dishcloth Cotton..hmmmmm
Go to Top of Page

Kimaroo
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
425 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kimaroo's Homepage Send Kimaroo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol... apparently I'm Mohair too.. and the description really fits me......

quote:
You are Mohair.
You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with others, doing your share without being too weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely refuse to change your position once it is set, but that's okay since you are good at covering up your mistakes.

Silly little quizzes can be so accurate sometimes.. Lol.

-Kim-

The Kimmish Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I took it a little while back, a week ago I think, and I am merino wool.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

Lanea
Permanent Resident

USA
5190 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lanea's Homepage Send Lanea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm merino.

http://crazylanea.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sketcher
Gabber Extraordinaire

597 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:58:02 PM  Show Profile Send Sketcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first time I took it, I was Shetland.

Then I took it just changing one thing (dog instead of cat) and I became mohair! Well, my dog does shed more, . . .
Go to Top of Page

MissPooh
Angel

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  1:08:08 PM  Show Profile Send MissPooh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another dishcloth cotton. Is it significant that 30% so far are dishcloth cotton?

Mary Lou

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  1:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did it twice, the first time I came out Dishcloth Cotton; the second time I marked mostly my #2 instead of #1 reactions and came out Acrylic.
Go to Top of Page

rainyrivergirl
Chatty Knitter

Canada
212 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  1:31:59 PM  Show Profile Send rainyrivergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mohair!
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  4:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cashmere! How did that happen??

Wen

2005 stats: 7 FO, 9 WIP, 1 frogpond.
http://photos.yahoo.com/whdayus
Go to Top of Page

Hermione
Chatty Knitter

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  4:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hermione's Homepage Send Hermione a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also dishcloth cotton, which is interesting, because as other people have mentioned about themselves, I'm not particularly domestic, heh. My bf had to teach me how to fold shirts and such, hee.

Life may be scary, but it's only temporary . . . everything in life is only for now- Avenue Q
www.livejournal.com/~theknitpicker
Go to Top of Page

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  4:59:23 PM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merino -Yvonne
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  5:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dishcloth Cotton although it doesn't seem to fit me at all.
~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  6:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, let me get this straight. I spin my own yarn, often in public. I worked the Renaissance Faire for over 16 years. I have danced topless in public (gosh, hope my sister doesn't read this. . .). I start decorating for Halloween in September. I play Christmas music year round. My boss refers to me as 'the most iconoclastic employee in the company.' My nephew refers to me as his "weird aunt." I can recite "Jabberwocky" from start to finish, and sing the names of all 50 states, in alphabetical order, to the tune of "Yankee Doodle." And I'm another Dishcloth Cotton???? This makes no sense to me. There's a flaw, I tell you, a flaw!

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

styledbykristin
Gabber Extraordinaire

391 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  7:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit styledbykristin's Homepage Send styledbykristin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am mohair. I can live with that. They are talking kid mohair, right? Perhaps I am a kidsilk haze...

Kristin

www.styledbykristin.com
kristin@styledbykristin.com

Happiness is not having what you want. It is wanting what you have.
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3460 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  7:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Susan, you're too funny! Let's just say that whoever is happy with "Dishcloth cotton" is a true "Dishcloth cotton" and whoever got that answer but is unhappy with it is really just mohair in disguise ;)

Wen, what did you answer to get cashmere??!

Kristin: you're better than kidsilk haze, you're the new Rowan kidsilk night: mohair with a twist!

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  7:47:37 PM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wen- It had to be the Jimmy Choos! I'm mohair here, but, really had to think about those shoes until I realized that I don't talk about shoes- I just buy them. KL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?