Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Lawrence, KS Knitting Get Together
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  07:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only been to the Boarders group once so I wouldn't call myself an expert on it or anything. But, I can say that it's not weekly. It apprears to be closer to monthly, but I could be totally off on that since I'm not one of the regulars to that group, yet.

I know there are other knitting groups in town besides these two, but these are the only ones I know about. IF you are geting in Lawrence by Sunday than Saterday's Milton's group is out, but the next Boarders meeting on the 20th should be the first meeting after you get here.

And, welcome to Lawrence a few day early. Good luck with the move.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  1:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Heather for replying about our Border's get together =) I have been out of town on vacation and havent been checking the forums.

And yeah, the Borders get togethers are *about* once a month - but not always (sometimes twice a month). We haven't set certain days/times a month yet, just whenever everyone is available for the most part. Its always on a Saturday or Sunday tho.....either a Saturday at 10 AM or a Sunday at 2 PM. And always at Borders in Lawrence. Its a great place in the 'middle' for us to meet, as I am from KC area, another gal is from Ottawa, KS, and yet another one is from Topeka, KS =)

Like Heather mentioned, our next one is on the 20th of this month at 2 PM, so if you are able to show up, it would be really great to meet ya! Also, if you would like to be added to the email addy list for reminders on when the get togethers are, just PM me your address and I will be more than happy to add ya!

Welcome to Kansas! Lawrence is a pretty cool town, I am sure you will like it.

Take care =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  08:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem, Lisa. Glad to help out. You had mentioned at the last meeting that you were going to be out of town a bit this month. I'm just glad I didn't screw up my answer to badly.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hotaru
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  09:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hotaru's Homepage Send Hotaru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for your welcomes! I've actually lived in Lawrence for about 15 years before I moved out to Utah for 2. I love Lawrence and I look forward to the various groups. See you all soon!

===
http://kitknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  12:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, your answer was perfect Heather! =) Sorry I couldn't join ya'all this Saturday at Miltons, but we were exhausted after getting back from our vacation. I think we traveled a total of 2800 miles in about 6-7 days!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  5:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow ! Sounds like a long, but exciting trip. You will have to tell us all about it on Sunday.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  11:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder that our next knitting together is this Sunday the 20th at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence =) Hope to see ya all there!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  9:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As always, I had a great time this last Sunday at Borders =) We have a great group of gals I think!
Our next one is not planned until Saturday, October 21st at 2 PM - and this one will be at my house in Shawnee, KS area. Plus, we are planning a cooking party, which should be alot of fun! Last time I had us try three different recipes, everyone brought recipes to trade, and then everyone voted which recipe we made turned out best =) So its gonna be something pretty similar to that this time, too!
Anyway! In the meantime, I wanted to get a knitting session in and was thinking of going to Miltons for their Saturday get togethers. Heather? Do you know what dates they are getting together in September? The 9th and 23rd I believe, but I could be wrong....I would go this Saturday, but its my bday and my hubby has plans for me!
Egads! Look at me blab lol Laterz ya all! =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  1:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone's having a birthday, and I know who it is! Hint number 1, her first name starts with "L". Hint 2, her last name starts with "H". Hint 3, she's my best friend in the whole world!
Lisa "Mackeila" Harrison is having a birthday this weekend. Help me fill her inbox with good wishes, won't you? :)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  10:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
=)=) Awwwww, thanks! I got one of my presents already - a box of Godiva chocolates *drool* I think the only reason I got that as early as I did, cuz Scott decided I was staying up late just to get a present lol So now with my mini sugar rush from the 2 chocolates I had, I am off to bed.....

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  10:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK.....just to make it official......we have decided our next get together will be on Sunday, October 1st at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence.
Our next get together after that(on October 21st)is more of a cooking party than knitting, so we figgered we better get some knitting time in beforehand =)
Anyway! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  7:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BUMP =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

spyros
spammer

36 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  1:40:24 PM  Show Profile Send spyros a Private Message  Reply with Quote

THE MEGA SECRET...

http://www.schinousa.com
Go to Top of Page

spyros
spammer

36 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  1:41:59 PM  Show Profile Send spyros a Private Message  Reply with Quote

THE MEGA SECRET...

http://www.schinousa.com
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  9:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spammer? I eat Spam for lunch. With pickles and mustard on wheat bread. How was the last get-together? :)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  06:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the last one myself - but it sounds like they had a great time. Are ya gonna bring your petit four sp? lol recipe to share on the 21st? =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  6:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yippeeee!! Only 2 more days to the cooking party! =) Anyone interested in coming is more than welcome.....its at 2 PM this Saturday in Shawnee, KS. Just PM me for directions!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The cooking party was a blast! =) It was really great seeing everyone and having everything turn out so good. Altho, I felt quite ill after all the food I ate yesterday lol

Anyway! The next get together is Sunday, November 12th at 2 PM at Borders in Lawrence. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome =)

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

yarnjunkie
Chatty Knitter

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  07:15:25 AM  Show Profile Send yarnjunkie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm writing it down on the calendar...hopefully I can make it out that way!
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  4:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would be great to meet ya! =) It actually only takes me about 35 minutes to get there from where I live - which is about Johnson Drive and K7. Of course, I may have a bit of a lead foot at times, but...lol

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.61 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by