Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Seeking Nearby Knitters
 Lawrence, KS Knitting Get Together
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  11:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy Ya'All! =)

Just a friendly reminder that our next knitting get together is this Sunday the 20th at Borders in Lawrence. Hope to see some new faces!!

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  8:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mackeila

Yayyy! We are gonna be back at Borders in Lawrence for our next 3 get togethers! =) They are:

Sunday, May 20th at 2 PM
Sunday, June 3rd at 2 PM
Sunday, June 17th at 2 PM

Anyone is more than welcome to join us! Take care =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)

OK......there has been a change of plans =) The scheduled knitting get together on the 3rd is canceled. We will be meeting on the 10th instead - for the Royals/The Studio event (http://www.thestudiokc.com/events.html). There are several gals carpooling with me from my house in Shawnee. If anyone wants to meet at my house to follow us there (my jeep is full, or I would offer to squeeze more people in lol) or at a designated place at the Royal's Stadium - just PM me and let me know!

Our next get together after that will be at Bistro Bella's on Kasold in Lawrence on Sunday, June 17th at 2 PM.

Hope to meet some other KC/Lawrence knitters on the 10th! =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

oshawoman
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  3:48:35 PM  Show Profile Send oshawoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I have e-mailed one of my Baldwin knitters about the Stitch & Pitch, as she has a hubby and 2 sons who might enjoy the incidental baseball game. Haven't heard back from her yet, so it will probably be just me. I will pick up my ticket tomorrow or Wednesday, in conjunction with trips to KU Med for Kirk's surgery, admission, and discharge. Can't wait to see the shop! If I am to connect with you-all at the stadium, a landmark and target time would probably be easier than just trusting to luck. Will leave that to your discretion.

See you at the K!
Nancy Brown
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  8:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did ya hear back from the other Baldwin knitter Nancy? Did you get yourself a ticket? =)We haven't figgered out exactly when we are leaving to get there, but it would be cool to meet up with ya! Can I email you at the email addy above this weekend when we decide and coordinate from there?

How was Kirk's surgery? Hope everything went well!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Janice Alline
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  4:19:42 PM  Show Profile Send Janice Alline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone go to the Lawrence City Band concerts? They're every Wednesday evening (for the next several weeks) from 8pm to 9pm at the gazebo in South Park. I'm usually there somewhere in the middle with my Husband, lawn chair and SIP (sock-in-progress).

Jan in Lawrence, KS
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." ~ winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

oshawoman
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  07:04:48 AM  Show Profile Send oshawoman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I drove into KC yesterday to pick up my ticket and parking pass and, of course, to peruse the shop. They have herds and oodles of Mother Bear donations! Not to mention some positively dreamy things to touch and fondle. Fortunately, I'm about broke, or I would have bought yarn that I would probably never use except to pet.

The other Baldwin knitter and her family are not interested, so it will be just me. I can't leave Baldwin until about 11:15 or 11:20 because the 10th is the last time the church choir is singing for the season, doing one of my favorite songs, and our choir is so small that it makes a big difference when one of the loud people is gone. I figure on zipping out the side door and straight to the car as soon as the anthem is done, but really need to be there to sing. So I probably will have to wait to meet up with you all until we get to the stadium. If we can exchange cell numbers, I can call when I arrive; that might be simplest. Any time you want to contact me, feel free to use the e-mail address given with my posts. I check it just about every day, especially if I am expecting to hear from someone.

Kirk's surgery went fine, and he is doing much more of his normal stuff than I think is good for him, but you know guys! He isn't eating anything but ice cream yet, but has been cooking, working in the yard, grocery shopping, etc. We went to a play last night in Topeka. Thanks so much for asking.

Can't wait to see you at the K. The girls at The Studio are pretty excited about it, and I bet we won't get kicked out for being too loud!

Nancy Brown
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  1:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janice Alline

Anyone go to the Lawrence City Band concerts? They're every Wednesday evening (for the next several weeks) from 8pm to 9pm at the gazebo in South Park. I'm usually there somewhere in the middle with my Husband, lawn chair and SIP (sock-in-progress).

Jan in Lawrence, KS
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." ~ winston Churchill

I didn't know about them actually, but it sounds like alot of fun =) I will have to mention it to the other gals! What kind of music do they play?

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  1:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oshawoman@earthlink.net

Lisa, I drove into KC yesterday to pick up my ticket and parking pass and, of course, to peruse the shop. They have herds and oodles of Mother Bear donations! Not to mention some positively dreamy things to touch and fondle. Fortunately, I'm about broke, or I would have bought yarn that I would probably never use except to pet.

The other Baldwin knitter and her family are not interested, so it will be just me. I can't leave Baldwin until about 11:15 or 11:20 because the 10th is the last time the church choir is singing for the season, doing one of my favorite songs, and our choir is so small that it makes a big difference when one of the loud people is gone. I figure on zipping out the side door and straight to the car as soon as the anthem is done, but really need to be there to sing. So I probably will have to wait to meet up with you all until we get to the stadium. If we can exchange cell numbers, I can call when I arrive; that might be simplest. Any time you want to contact me, feel free to use the e-mail address given with my posts. I check it just about every day, especially if I am expecting to hear from someone.

Kirk's surgery went fine, and he is doing much more of his normal stuff than I think is good for him, but you know guys! He isn't eating anything but ice cream yet, but has been cooking, working in the yard, grocery shopping, etc. We went to a play last night in Topeka. Thanks so much for asking.

Can't wait to see you at the K. The girls at The Studio are pretty excited about it, and I bet we won't get kicked out for being too loud!

Nancy Brown

Great to hear your husband is doing well! I am sure its a relief for both of you to have the surgery done - its just a matter of time until he is back to normal now =)

We plan on leaving my house in Shawnee about 11:30 A ourselves, so we won't get there too much earlier than you =) I will be sure to email ya my cell #, as that probably would be the best way to meet up!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  5:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just realized today that I scheduled the next knitting get together for Sunday, June 17th - Father's Day weekend. I am gonna cancel, as I am sure most people have plans =) The next two are now rescheduled:

Sunday, July 1st at 2 PM at Bistro Bella's in Lawrence/Kasold
Sunday, July 8th at 2 PM at Bistro Bellas in Lawrence/Kasold

Hope to see ya'all there!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

silfert
Chatty Knitter

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  12:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit silfert's Homepage Send silfert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I sure enjoyed the game Sunday! Too bad we had to bail early on, but sunburn is a bad thing, especially if you're the world's only blue-eyed albino. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  9:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder, we have a knitting get together coming up! Wahooo!!! Feels like its been forever lol Anyone is more than welcome! =)

Sunday, July 1st at 2 PM at Bistro Bella's in Lawrence/Kasold

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

salsera
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  04:27:21 AM  Show Profile Send salsera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I was at the Stitch and Pitch at Royals Stadiun. I was passing out flyers for the Knitting Cruise. Did you get one, cuz if you didn't, they are right here in the KR under Salsera "seeking nearby knitters" KNITTERS CRUISE 2008. Why not come to CRUISE NIGHT at the STUDIO this Thursday JUNE 28 from 5:30 to 7PM. Will be chatting with fellow cruisers who are joining us, knitting, and having some lemonade. We would live to have you and your knitting buddies cruise with us. Cindy Craig will be teaching some fabulous classes on board. Last time we cruised w/Cindy we learned how to knit w/beads. What fun and our beaded scarves are masterpieces.!!
SAlsera
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  5:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like alot of fun Susan! I will mention it to gals this Sunday to see if they are interested =) Thanks for letting us know!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  6:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder.....

Our next knitting get together is this Sunday, July 1st at 2 PM at Bistro Bellas in Lawrence on Kasold. Hope to see some new faces!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

salsera
New Pal

45 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  6:20:24 PM  Show Profile Send salsera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We need more people to cruise with us. Just imagine, exotic ports of call, sitting on your verandah needles in hand, working on that project that we will be learning from Cindy Craig, knitting instructor extrodinaire...the sea breeze...cruising Italian style...wow I just cannot wait!!!!
salsera
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  6:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder......

Our next get together is this Sunday the 8th at 2 PM at Bistro Bellas on Kasold/Clinton Parkway in Lawrence. Its right in the neighborhood of the Beauty Brands and Hyvee area =) Anyone is more than welcome to join us!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  3:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an update =)

We have another get together at Bistro Bellas on Kasold/Clinton Parkway in Lawrence on Sunday, August 5th at 2 PM. Would be great to see some new faces!

Take care!

~ Lisa Harrison ~
Knitting Newbie =)
Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  7:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BUMP =)

We have another gfet together this Sunday the 5th at 2 PM at Bistro Bellas in Lawrence. Anyone is more than welcome to stop by!

~ Lisa Harrison ~

Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  9:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just figgered I would list the dates, times, etc we have planned coming up:

Sunday, September 9th - Bistro Bellas (Lawrence) - 2 PM
Sunday, September 23rd - Bistro Bellas (Lawrence) - 2 PM

Laterz! =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~

Go to Top of Page

Mackeila
Chatty Knitter

USA
236 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2007 :  12:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mackeila's Homepage  Send Mackeila a Yahoo! Message Send Mackeila a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BUMP =)

~ Lisa Harrison ~

http://www.lisaandstuff.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth