Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 50 Yards or Less
 22.5 yards of reddish-orangey-brown novelty
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Teresa_G
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  12:38:16 PM  Show Profile Send Teresa_G a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have about 22.5 yards of a brown/orangey/reddish novelty yarn. It's one main strand with approximately inch-long pieces of yarn coming out of it. I can't post a picture because I don't have a good website to do that with yet. (I may join photobucket or something like that later.)I can't find it online because I didn't buy it, and I got it with no tags, so I don't know what brand it is.

I have no idea what I should make with it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Teresa_G
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  11:37:22 AM  Show Profile Send Teresa_G a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a picture of the yarn. It's really pretty, I just don't know what I should make with it.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f34/TurtleTwins/novelty.jpg
EDIT: Sorry, I didn't know photos were bad. I have changed the picture to a link.
Go to Top of Page

Teresa_G
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  11:42:23 AM  Show Profile Send Teresa_G a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry the picture is so big. Photobucket newbie here--the site said it would be resized, but I guess it didn't get resized enough. Also, the yarn is a little more orangey than it is in the picture.
Go to Top of Page

ceecee
Permanent Resident

1896 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  10:53:23 AM  Show Profile Send ceecee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could use it for mitten cuffs or the edge of a hat or ends of a scarf.
Go to Top of Page

Teresa_G
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:10:33 AM  Show Profile Send Teresa_G a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...that's a good idea. However, I'd have to get some yarn that matched with it and I'm not allowed to buy more yarn until I've about halved my current stash!
Go to Top of Page

ceecee
Permanent Resident

1896 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  12:48:23 PM  Show Profile Send ceecee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could use it as a contrasting yarn if you have any black or dark brown or reddish orange yarn in your stash. Or maybe a variegated novelty with shades of the fringey yarn. It is a cool looking yarn.
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:07:21 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where can I get some of that??? IT is really interesting. Looks like I'm about to blow the yarn diet.... Never mind, dont tell me. But tell me, Ok????

Month 2 of the no - new - yarn diet!!!! Plus month 2 of the no more soda diet, guess which one is going better?
Go to Top of Page

Teresa_G
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  09:07:42 AM  Show Profile Send Teresa_G a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea...my aunt in Canada mailed it to me for my birthday without a label or anything. However, she might have gotten it in Spain. Sorry!

---------------
I'm currently working on a pair of Fair Isle mittens. After that I'm going to make a different pair of mittens, a scarf, and three pairs of socks.
Go to Top of Page

Teresa_G
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  09:37:31 AM  Show Profile Send Teresa_G a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ceecee

You could use it as a contrasting yarn if you have any black or dark brown or reddish orange yarn in your stash. Or maybe a variegated novelty with shades of the fringey yarn. It is a cool looking yarn.

Sorry, somehow I missed this post earlier. No yarn like that in my stash.

---------------
I am making a pair of mittens. After that I'm going to make three pairs of socks.
Go to Top of Page

petitemorte
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  3:14:22 PM  Show Profile Send petitemorte a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is what you do, put this yarn up for now use up half your stash then get a nice contrasting yarn to go with this for whatever project you decide.
I am currently trying to use up my stash. My DH keeps almost finding it and I am running out of places to hide it, but dang it I can say no to puppies or yarn!

Di,the cross country knitter

(insert something witty)
Go to Top of Page

ceecee
Permanent Resident

1896 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  4:09:49 PM  Show Profile Send ceecee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knit_wits,

This looks like the yarn you have:

http://secure.elann.com/sneakpeek.asp
Go to Top of Page

Schachkoenigin
Chatty Knitter

166 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  4:00:18 PM  Show Profile Send Schachkoenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That yarn isn't out yet!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?