Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 No Blog required Sockalong Part II
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  06:02:11 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay for you two (Debbi and Lella)!
The leg of my sock is almost done, but I'm distracted. I need to focus, focus. The yarn is nice and soft, and I love wearing my own handknit socks, so I'd better get to it.

Stay cool, Lella.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

socker
Chatty Knitter

258 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  06:11:52 AM  Show Profile Send socker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone finds a lonely, lost skein of apricot sock yarn with a start of a sensation sock attached, could you tell it I'm looking for it?

I just finished MIL's socks, went to go back to the sensation socks and couldn't find it. I know I had on the last trip to the 'laws, hopefully it will show up.

So, in the meantime I dug out a pair of skeins of Happy Feet yarn in shades of oranges, reds and browns using the nutkin pattern except instead of cuff down, I'm doing toe up
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  4:54:43 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wendy, socks for solace. We need something lovely and soft sometimes. Hope you get your sock mojo back. Or is that juju? No, that's for something or someone else, little pins through the midsection.

Socker, firstly, grats on finishing up the pair for your MIL. And, I will tell the apricot yarn (if I see it), to get it's little self back home! Naughty sock yarn.

I frogged back the whole foot of Jane's Hedgerow to the gusset. It fit like one of those oversized 80's sweaters. Sarapé even. It was awful. 10 extra stitches and no clue as to how that happened. I think my focus is off, Wendy. lol..

Everyone enjoy the coming of Spring. It's out there somewhere, like socker's Apricot sock yarn. We got three days of summer here. Now it's nice and cool again. *sighs* Lovely.

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  10:15:50 AM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apricot sock yarn?? OH, yum, yum-I'm a sucker for peach/coral/orange during the summer!
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  11:57:11 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm up for the day, I sat in bed and read more "Sun" Mags, hopped out and stripped down the bed, started the laundry and moved and dusted some lamps so now onto getting the socks out and knitting them. Think I'll watch "Robots" again before it has to go back..

Sandy, I heard by way of the grape vine that you were ready for socks. Yay!

How is everyone else doing? I still have to stop and water all the shade plants but that can be later. Is everyone in the garden or busy with the spring cleaning? It's a beautiful, sunny day here today. Cool breeze but sunny. [!] Paint a smile on that one!

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  5:46:52 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, spurred on by you, Lella, I will now go dig out my sock to work on it. And, since I organized all of my needles the other day and found out that some of the needles I thought were US 2's were really US 1.5's and sold as 1's (by Addi), I won't get confused when I go to start the heel with the slightly smaller needles. I hope that makes sense to somebody other than me.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  7:55:27 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm on the heel!
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  10:46:52 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay for you, Wendy!

We have heels, and toes rolling along here.

I'm almost finished with the boot sock toe this am, kitchner coming..and I've started back with the right number of stitches on Hedgerow. *mumbles to self- "I just don't know WHY I can't count" *

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  11:15:45 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A-kitchenering she will go, a-kitchenering she will go,
heigh-ho, the derry-o, a-kitchenering she will go.

I'm turning the heel!

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  6:35:11 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm on the toe, and will wear my new pair of Embossed Leaves socks tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  11:20:09 PM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I casted on "Yukon Leaves". I'm about 2 1/2 inches into the cuff on 4 needles. I've only knitted socks on 3 needles, so...... The pattern is very pretty. I had some LL Shephard sock in Chino left over from a sweater project. The color is bland, but I think the pattern looks OK in it.
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  11:40:55 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wendy, congratulations on finished embossed leaves. I still have that sock hanging off the two needles but have fought my way through about four inches of the new, streamlined foot of Hedgerow. Much has been happening not related to knitting around here.

And Sandy, congratulations on starting Yukon leaves. I think the bland yarn won't matter, because the pattern will show up better and it's a very pretty pattern. I did mine with Mountain Bearfoot Colors and they are gorgeous colorwise but the pattern got lost a little. Still love them though!

Today I'm packing away things that are going to the Goodwill. Glass and other delicate things. A lot must be jettisoned. I will not let any china go, though. It's belonged to former family members and is a weak spot in the anti-materialism armor. *blows dust specks off her AM armor*

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  12:57:39 PM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Yukon leaves looks pretty great in the dull yarn! Lella, I don't believe for a sec that any dust specks would be on your armor!!
Go to Top of Page

socker
Chatty Knitter

258 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  11:40:05 AM  Show Profile Send socker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gave MIL her RELAX! socks and a pair of shorties made with On Your Toes Bamboo. She's in love.
Yulon leaves sounds nice.

I'm still looking for the apricot yarn with the seduction socks started, so I'm still working with autumn color happy feet yarn and Nutkin pattern. Not making much headway with company and trying to get some other (non knitting) projects done.
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  8:54:44 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a photo of my socks (with the sentry-cat keeping watch). I'd like to make some baby socks next, like Ann Budd's Better Than Booties Baby Socks.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  5:30:47 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What beautiful socks, Wendy. That is a must make design. Those little Budds are darling.

Socker I hope you find the apricot yarn. Could it be wedged tightly down some small space, like in the car or the side of a chair or cushion? Mine would slip easily when they were in plastic Zlocks. Also, isn't it sweet when you make something that someone just adores? Congratulations on your success story, there.

Sandy, that's a very sweet pattern. Leaves seem to make great sock motifs. And, dust will collect anywhere that the electricity is out of whack, and that would be my armor atm. lol

I've no knitting to report. This will be true until, as my friend puts it, I get more straw stuffed in my head so that the marbles can touch again. I have to tink again and the sock is tied tightly into it's little bag, aging.

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  10:36:39 PM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A naughty sock aging in a bag-how sad!!! How can these little pieces of knitting cause so much trouble?? Mine aged for 2 days until I figured out that I didn't need to continue the leaf pattern on the sole. Really. I've never knit a pattern on the top of the foot,so I was very confused.

I hear marbles rolling . And I hope my sparks jump the gap soon.
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  12:30:40 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there, Sparky here. Sandy, I had to energize the straw/marble stuffing by sticking a hairpin in the hot side of an outlet in the kitchen. Whoaaaaa that smarts! Oh, the pattern on the sole thing. Yes, they are a bit hard to walk on sometimes if the pattern goes all the way around. It's good that you changed that.

The blue sock is nearly knit (for the second time-grrr) up to the toe. Casting on both second socks, the marled Lana Grossa and the blue, this afternoon. Then to move on the the UFO's - four!- of the notsocks varieties. shhhh. those will never be spoken of here again. hehe

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

sandyt
Permanent Resident

USA
3101 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  1:41:51 PM  Show Profile Send sandyt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned the heel of the Yukon Leaves!! Whoo-hoo!!! I'm heading down the toe stretch-or home stretch!!! Wowzers!

I just received a beautiful skein of Yarn Love, Juliet, colorway Cloud 9.

Be careful with those sparks, Lella!!!
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  5:26:41 PM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lella - I can imagine you with smoke coming out of your head!

Yay, Sandy. You are on the home stretch with your Yukon Leaves...

I think that I'm going to cast on for the first baby sock soon. Right now I'm making a Pure and Simple baby cardigan (and tea cozy and scarf from Clara's book).

Wendy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.