Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitter's Swap
 Sales and Shop News
 WATERGARDEN/SHORELINE SHRUG PATTERN AVAILABLE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  07:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Watergardens...a pool of blue-green shimmering in the back of your thoughts, half mirage, half reality, the dream of summer on a winter's day or the promise of warmth in a cool breeze.

Here's a loose, flowing very romantic shrug, knit on big needles and using simple stitches with both a luxury and a more economical yarn list option. All the yarn is available online, as am I if you have any questions..

There are actually two versions of this shrug provided in the pattern.Version Two, Shoreline, is a beachy combination of neutrals with beaded options.

PS: I've just added a Louisa Harding yarn option for both shrugs. Those new spring yarns of hers are gorgeous!

PSS: JUST POSTED ON MY WEBSITE: TIPS ON TRANSITIONING COLOR YARN TRANSITIONS AND KNITTING FAIR ISLE RIBS

Jump into spring here: http://janethornley.com/journal_knitters.php

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  09:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Work, Jane!

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

RoseM
Permanent Resident

Canada
1898 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:29:52 AM  Show Profile Send RoseM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my! I'll wait to see the other version and then one will be mine!
RoseM
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  12:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice.

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  3:39:40 PM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love your shrug, Jane

Always thought that shrugs were for someone a little younger than myself, but love the sophisticated line of yours! Saw that you've included Berroco yarns, very accessible for many of us. Looking forward to seeing your other version as well.

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3957 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  4:13:24 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RoseM

Oh my! I'll wait to see the other version and then one will be mine!
RoseM

Both versions are included in the pattern -- you can see a small picture if you click on the Purchase patterns button.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  10:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just posted information on the second version, which should help a little.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  12:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jane that is gorgeous!! I prefer the greens, but othe other one is beautiful too. Never thought I would want to kinit a shrug, but I am going to purchase the pattern.
sherry
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  12:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just discovered how well the new Louisa Harding yarns work with this pattern. She has Sari ribbon now in lovely sea greens with coordinating tapes and yarns -- perfect. For the seashell version, there's a range of lovely shell pinks, too. I'll be posting that yarn list on my site this weekend.
Jane
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  1:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How would a Colinette kit work?

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  1:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitrageous, perfectly! I love Colinette. They have the hand-dyed tapes, the interesting lashes, that stranded yarn the name of which I forget and the colors! Gorgeous!

Jane
Go to Top of Page

itssewnice@hotmail.com
Warming Up

68 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  2:20:01 PM  Show Profile Send itssewnice@hotmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jane,

Love your site...evev sent a link to my sister, Jane...she is not a knitter but a writer and lover of art.

I wondered if any of your patterns are fit for me? I'm definitely plus-sized apple with a stomach that just won't quit or hide...I hate it. Seems like the shrog would make it even more prominent???? Wold the cape be better?

Thanks, Kathie
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  4:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by itssewnice@hotmail.com

I wondered if any of your patterns are fit for me? I'm definitely plus-sized apple with a stomach that just won't quit or hide...I hate it. Seems like the shrog would make it even more prominent???? Wold the cape be better?
Thanks, Kathie

Kathie, the capelet is certainly sized to fit most people and can be made a little longer, too. Also, the Indigo Road vest has vertical lines with expandable side gussets designed to accommodate generous forms (I exapanded the original design so anybody's body could be accommodated by adding a side panel). It's so hard to say what will look good on people, though.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  06:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your Watergarden Shrug is simply a work of art! I love the texture you achieve with the various yarns and the color schemes are right on. Only 8.50?? That is a steal!

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  12:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have two Colinette Vintage kits...one in pinks and the other in purples. I was thinking the pink might look pretty for spring.

~~~~Jamye

Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  2:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knitrageous

I have two Colinette Vintage kits...one in pinks and the other in purples. I was thinking the pink might look pretty for spring. It won't exactly be a watergarden but...

Should I add some other yarns or do you think it will be enough as it is?

~~~~Jamye

~~~~Jamye

Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  04:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What other yarns are in the kits, Jayme, -- Giotto and maybe Firecracker? You can certainly work these patterns in just two or three yarns (even one, for that matter) but a tape (Giotto), a ribbon (Giotto sort of applies here, too), a lash/specialty yarn (Firecracker) and another yarn for in between (any cotton, any silk in the same color family) will more closely create a similiar affect to the pictures.

Pink would be gorgeous in this very spring-like pattern but hold on to those purples! I have a pattern coming out closer to fall for another shawl-with-sleeves that just cries out for a little drama. Purple would be perfect.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  04:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by sandrasingh

Your Watergarden Shrug is simply a work of art! I love the texture you achieve with the various yarns and the color schemes are right on. Only 8.50?? That is a steal! Sandra Singh

Jane: Thanks, Sandra! I just visited your website. What glorious yarns and I'm so excited you carry LaLana Bombyx silk! One of the suggested yarns for Watergarden is Bombyx in Forest and Apple green!

Jane Thornley
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  12:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jane, the kit contains these yarns: Isis, Wigwam, Mohair, Prism, Zanziba, and Skye

~~~~Jamye

Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  5:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jamye, you have more than enough varieties to make that shrug!

Jane Thornley
Go to Top of Page

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  04:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
La Lana's Bombyx Silk is high quality & you'll be pleased with your results, but the best part about it...the colors!

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth