Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 How to Use the Knitter's Review Forums
 Search problem
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AngieSue
Permanent Resident

USA
1606 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:43:56 AM  Show Profile Send AngieSue a Private Message
I searched the lace forum using "beginner" as a keyword and searched in subject only. I was able to get see a few posts. One had 32 (or was it 23?) replies but the only reply that came up was the last one posted. I even clicked on the individual page of replies and still only the last reply came up. I tried the same technique with another search and still had the same problem. That post only had 6 replies. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Angie

draymer
Permanent Resident

USA
1490 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  1:56:14 PM  Show Profile Send draymer a Private Message
Im experiencing the same problem. Found the topic, which had 5 replies, but couldn't see a any of them. It was from '07 '05, but I was logged in.
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  09:47:16 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
All the time, regardless of which browser or computer I use.

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

zepherine
Chatty Knitter

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  4:25:40 PM  Show Profile Send zepherine a Private Message
The search function hasn't worked for me in a long time. I get error messages like this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired
/forum/search.asp, line 446

~Christina
Go to Top of Page

ForestBird
Chatty Knitter

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  4:42:37 PM  Show Profile Send ForestBird a Private Message
BeanerMom (and others) - The way to use the search engine most effectively is to enter more info in the other fields, such as specific date or specific forum. I got hung up too when I first started in the forums.

There are a number of other people who mention this problem. Maybe it would be a good idea to further "Clara-fy" the search parameters in the FAQ area.

Clara - are you reading this?

"Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern."
Alfred North Whitehead, Dialogues (1954)
Go to Top of Page

~bananaKnits~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  04:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ~bananaKnits~'s Homepage  Send ~bananaKnits~ a Yahoo! Message Send ~bananaKnits~ a Private Message
I too have had problems with the search in Knitter's Review, when it works it was great but a very hit and miss kind of thing. I now search in Google, the advanced search and I narrow it to Knitter's Review. This seems to work pretty well. The results are not as good as when Knitter's Review's search works but it does work.

Happy Knitting,

ana
Venice Beach, California

http://bananaknits.blogspot.com/

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck

It's an element not a mistake.
Go to Top of Page

hopeless
Chatty Knitter

122 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  11:53:21 AM  Show Profile Send hopeless a Private Message
The search function has never worked for me at all. I always get the error message. I thought I was doing something wrong and I have tried only going back for two weeks and coming up with something that I know is there.
As I am such a computer dummy I just thought it was my stupidity. Glad to know that I am not alone....
Susan
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  4:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
I just completed a huge archival of all posts more than 4 months old (which means be EXTRA sure to click "search archives" in your searches now and then - there's gold in them thar hills!), which should help with the search function. The way I could improve search: Delete (gasp!) old posts. That's why I've allowed this problem to continue. However, several people have noted that the Google search toolbar works very well within the forums. So that's always another option.

Thanks for your patience folks!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2024 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  05:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Yowser momcats!
Clara, that's a lot of to do - work involving the archives of a Library or the KR Forum is time-consuming to say the least.
Thanks for doing all of that sorting.
Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by