Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Knit Picks "Options" needles?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

knit_chick
Permanent Resident

1484 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  06:48:41 AM  Show Profile Send knit_chick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally was able to post photos of the set on my blog yesterday. I placed an order for the needlsizer & DPNs. They were backordered for a while and now it's been shipped out. I can hardly wait to get them. I've used the needles for about two weeks now and so far it's great. I had a problem with a cord slowly coming out of the join. It didn't fall completely out nor can I push it back in, but it definitely was separated. I emailed customer service & next thing I know, they sent me out a new set of cords.

http://knitchick.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  09:04:41 AM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got mine two days ago-about a week after I ordered them. LOVE THEM!

Linda

"Honey, a man can't keep his gun in a cookie jar. It just isn't done!" - Janet Evanovich
Go to Top of Page

ahendon@nyc.rr.com
New Pal

13 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  08:35:19 AM  Show Profile Send ahendon@nyc.rr.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered a "starter order" of 2 cord lengths and size 4, 5, 6 and 7 needle tips. I love the cords - they don't kink at all. I've actually been ok with tightening the tips without the tool but I've tried the tool also and it's great. I have the Denise set and I like it EXCEPT for lace, the tips aren't pointy enough for me, so this is a great addition. I've ordered more (including 8, why didn't I get the 8s?) and also the dpns. Storage - right now I'm keeping the tips on the cards, I threw out the plastic envelopes, and wrote the sizes on the cards. I'm waiting for a friend to make me a commissioned case (he makes beautiful dpn cases, this won't be that different.)

On other topics - if anyone wants to sell their Denise set, I'd be interested in having another one for more tips and cords.

Alison
Go to Top of Page

lisab
Chatty Knitter

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  5:34:31 PM  Show Profile Send lisab a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if Knitpicks would consider/is considering an alternate, duller tip option for non-lace purposes. There's the comfort factor for needle "pushers", yes. But also, for some yarns - thinking mostly delicate, ribbony stuff, but there may be other examples - you actually might have a tough time with a needle that can too easily "poke through". Maybe if demand keeps up, they'll have a good business reason to expand the "options" here?
Go to Top of Page

rebeccaL
Seriously Hooked

721 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  03:29:19 AM  Show Profile Send rebeccaL a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps we "pushers" should ask them to consider that.

One pro with the Denise is they are easier to take on airplanes (or maybe not, but I've been afraid to bring metal needles yet).

But the KnitPicks Options look like they come in correct metric sizes, unlike the Denise who get off-track as they get bigger.

Rebecca

-------------------------------
Visit my blog at
http://www.spacesheep.com/Fiber/knitblog.html
Go to Top of Page

spindyerella
Seriously Hooked

601 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  09:24:34 AM  Show Profile Send spindyerella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rebecca, I fly a lot with metal needles and have absolutely no problem with getting them through security. The TSA agents don't give the needles a second look unless it is to inquire about the project.

Re. the tips on the Options needles, I love them, and I'm not currently working on a lace project. I, too, was a "pusher" but I really don't think that's good form. I've learned not to push since the needle tips on the Options are sharper. That's the one thing that I found frustrating at times with my Addis--too blunt points.
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  10:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have them, love them, and blogged about them. I'll never buy another brand of needle ever again. Kelley and crew you are tres magnifique!

Dee
~Licensed2Knit
Go to Top of Page

ShannonM
Gabber Extraordinaire

352 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  3:40:17 PM  Show Profile Send ShannonM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is killing me! I ordered a set on the 22nd of June and it was shipped out on the 26th but never got to me. After multiple phone calls I've finally convinced them that it isn't coming so they're sending a new one. After all of the rave reviews I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Shannon
my blog:
http://yarnandchocolate.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Stripes
Gabber Extraordinaire

417 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  7:39:59 PM  Show Profile Send Lavender Stripes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got mine yesterday! A 24" sz 0 circ for my Wedding Ring Shawl, and a set of size 0 dpns. I am absolutely, positively in love. They are fantastic! The dpns are so light and smooth and pointy, I just want to go around to everyone, knitter or not, and say "Look! How pretty!" (/shiny/pointy) Though I'm pretty sure I scared a few years off of some people on the subway with my sharp, shiny, flashing sticks.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/QueenLorien/USALaceTeam.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Slipped Stitch
Warming Up

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  7:39:00 PM  Show Profile Send Slipped Stitch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy Knock off! With very few differences, this looks like the set of interchangable needles my Mom gave me for Christmas a couple of years back. That was 1 set -- every needle 3 to 15 and cables, and does my set have cables. It even has a little rubber swatch for connecting the tips to the cables along with the wrench thing. DH says its a wrench -- he'd know! The set is from Susan Bates and I'm sure the WHOLE thing didn't cost half of what it's going to take to assemble a set of these ( Mom defines frugality ! Sorry, Mom if you read this. )
Go to Top of Page

purlwise
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  9:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlwise's Homepage Send purlwise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Susan Bates makes interchangeable needles? Haven't seen those, although I haven't looked too hard.

How are the cords on those?

Regards,
Melinda
www.purlwise.com
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  02:30:05 AM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I caved in and bought myself a set yesterday afternoon...complete with extra cables and pockets.

Can't wait to get 'em!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

quinoak
Warming Up

66 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  12:52:21 PM  Show Profile Send quinoak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered the set on Saturday. No email confirmation yet, but I guess they are swamped right now. I don't expect to see my needles for another two weeks. Can't wait!

nancy
Go to Top of Page

fleegle
Permanent Resident

Japan
1507 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  1:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit fleegle's Homepage Send fleegle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my size 0's yesterday...every point is different. I have one really sharp point, one medium point, and two points that are blunter than my Addi size 0's. Anyone else have this problem? I discarded one of the needles, because I am in Japan and it's not worth shipping it back. They don't ship overseas, so it's back to my Addi for one of the needles until I can get home and order another one.
Go to Top of Page

tdorminey
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  1:36:39 PM  Show Profile Send tdorminey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! As good as my Inox Expresses, a lot cheaper than the Addis. Smooth joins, sharp points, and cables are usable straight out of the package. Good balance and weight in my hands. They will replace all of my Boye interchangeables and some of my Denises. Plus I get to choose which sizes and lengths I need. Just wish they had interchangeable tips in the smallest sizes. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants fast needles, customizable sizes and very reasonable prices!

Knitting in Alabama.....
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  3:53:59 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quinoak

I ordered the set on Saturday. No email confirmation yet, but I guess they are swamped right now. I don't expect to see my needles for another two weeks. Can't wait!

nancy

I haven't received email confirmation yet, either.
Although everything I ordered said *in stock* when it was in my cart, except for the 40" cable I wanted, which said *backordered*, so I deleted it because I thought it would hold up my order.
Guess I shoulda just left the 40" cable on there. LOL!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

quinoak
Warming Up

66 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  4:35:06 PM  Show Profile Send quinoak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lori,
When did you place your order? Everything on my order said "In Stock" including the set. I ordered the 40" cable too. Will you please PM me if you get an email confirmation or your needles?
Thanks,

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  05:28:38 AM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nancy~

I ordered my set Wednesday (July 12) afternoon.
I'll keep you posted.
I'm really excited to receive mine, after all the rave reviews.
I actually had the Denise set but sold it because I didn't like the plasticy feel and thick cables.

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  07:16:05 AM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered dpn's in sizes 0 & 1, and circulars in size 5 tips and a 60" cable. They were all on backorder, but I received them on the 12th, less than 2 weeks from ordering. I'm very pleased with all of them. The 60" cable actually measures 50", but I'm assuming they are counting the length of the needles too. Also, I received 2 cables in the same package. I'm assuming someone just stuck an extra one in by mistake.

View my projects at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knitloon/
Go to Top of Page

T
Warming Up

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  07:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit T's Homepage Send T a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a mistake the cords come in packages of 2. Isn't that great.

T. Van Hoecke

Hand-Crafted items and Artwork FOR SALE - http://TinaVanHoecke.etsy.com

EBAY SALES - http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtQ2evanhoecke

BLOG - http://vanhookee.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000