Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 You know a project isn't going well when...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  6:01:59 PM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-After frogging over and over, you cast on exactly the right amount of stitches without stopping or even counting them as you go.

Please, add you own. Share in my Mariah-induced misery. [crazy]

http://knitdiva.blogspot.com/

CatherineM
Permanent Resident

USA
3363 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  6:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit CatherineM's Homepage Send CatherineM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You hold up the back and realize it could shelter an entire village. Or not cover an Olsen Twin.

Catherine
http://www.yorkiedog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nansea
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  6:39:36 PM  Show Profile Send Nansea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You glance into your knitting bag and realize you are working with the last ball of yarn and you're half way down the first sleeve.....

Knit on !
Nansea
Go to Top of Page

knittingbaglady
Permanent Resident

USA
1207 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  7:20:14 PM  Show Profile Send knittingbaglady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You haven't touched it in over 6 months...

Martha.

http://www.greenmountainknittingbags.com/
Go to Top of Page

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  7:26:39 PM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You look at the pattern after half of the item is finished and can't stand it. It is like pulling teeth just to knit one more row.
Go to Top of Page

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  7:42:30 PM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You screw up the pattern. You manage to fix it. Then you realize fixing it doesn't work though you invested plenty of time. Then you realize if you say it's the right panel instead of the left it works out fine. You are convinced you are somehow still wrong and really don't want to touch it ever again for fear of finding more errors. And yeah, I'm posting as I go with this sweater.

http://knitdiva.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Musicknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  8:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Musicknitter's Homepage Send Musicknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The yarn that was part of your project ends up wound around the bed, the dining room table, the couch, etc. You find the cat rather tired from all the fun she had with her newly discovered toy.

-Erin

Visit my blog
Go to Top of Page

RubyKnits
New Pal

38 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  8:23:11 PM  Show Profile Send RubyKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You suddenly run out of yarn when you KNOW the skein was not that small...uh-oh, you knit with the cast-on tail!!! I do that WAY to often!

Is this Heaven? No, It's Iowa!
Visit my knitting/mothering/Iowa/Wisconsin blog at www.roobeesblog.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  9:46:34 PM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your smooth yarn is fluffy. Your wear like iron acrylic has come apart... You pick it up a few months later sans pattern and have NO IDEA what it was going to be.

-Katie
The chief lesson I have learned in a long life is that the only way to make a man trustworthy is to trust him; and the surest way to make him untrustworthy is to distrust him and show your distrust.
Henry L. Stimson (1867 - 1950)
Go to Top of Page

GaiaDea
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  12:59:17 AM  Show Profile Send GaiaDea a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You pick up your unfinished project, with notes and pattern, and realize you lent out that size needles.

You pick up your unfinished project, and realize the pattern with it was for something else....

Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

4004 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  6:28:11 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You keep looking at the knitting and think "That looks too big." and you never get out the tape measure and recheck the gauge and measurements.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4168 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  07:20:40 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You did a LC instead of a RC cable. About 38 rows back.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly B
Permanent Resident

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  07:41:15 AM  Show Profile Send Kelly B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Similar to Rubyknits: You realize you've just made a perfect Russian join with the cast on tail.
Go to Top of Page

ghk
Warming Up

79 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  08:07:24 AM  Show Profile Send ghk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After you've seamed and re-seamed several miles worth, you're trying to psych yourself up to weave in the kajillion ends, and then you realize that the color you chose, a color you never happen to wear normally, makes you look like a frumpy...hippo.
Go to Top of Page

DaniW
Chatty Knitter

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  12:34:17 PM  Show Profile Send DaniW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know a project isn't going well

when you run out of chocolate and you are seriously contemplating eating that piece off the floor that has some fuzzy stuff on it because you are really, really needing a fix before you pick up those needles again.

When you find yourself chanting "Knitting is good for me, knitting is good for me, knitting is good for me"
Go to Top of Page

orangina
Seriously Hooked

821 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  1:56:34 PM  Show Profile Send orangina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You "accidentally" leave the project on the commuter train, running as fast as you can for the door, and ignoring all helpful cries of "ma'am? ma'am? is this yours?"
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  3:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'd rather blog surf than knit!

bonnie

Check out my blog:
Tropical Knits
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  7:12:16 PM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You buy the wrong yarn and can't get the right gauge so you rewrite the pattern. Then you realize 3/4s of the way through that your revisions won't work, so you figure out how to fix them, jot down some very sketchy notes and it works fine on the half that you do. Then you put the project down while you start something else (which become several something elses). When you go back to finish you first project, you can't find your sketchy notes and don't have a clue what you did or how to match it.

This is a current WIP. I took a two piece poncho pattern from Viva Poncho, decided to knit it circularly instead 'cause the seam looked ratty in reverse stockinette, and then decided that I liked the look of plain old stockinette better.

And then there's the cardigan where all the knits, purls, cables and other stitches makes a picture that extends over all three pieces. When you pin them together to seam them, you realize that you reversed the stiches on one side of the front so the picture doesn't match, even though the pieces do.

This one came from Vogue Knitting & was called "Enchanted Forest" I think. If I ever get the nerve, I'll see what a little after the fact embroidery can fix it.

I hate fixing disasters.

Anne

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Schleppenheimer
Seriously Hooked

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  7:16:36 PM  Show Profile Send Schleppenheimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
. . . you realize that your current project, a lace cardigan, has been 3/4 completed on size 10 needles, but you were supposed to use size 7 needles, and you can't for the life of you figure out why you didn't use the correct needle size . . .

Kris
Go to Top of Page

sallyjo
Permanent Resident

USA
2401 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  10:10:53 AM  Show Profile Send sallyjo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You discover that your project, yarn, needles and all, is in the pine tree off the deck, and that the red goes nicely with the green of the tree, and that maybe it should stay there till after christmas.

"We all have our strengths and our weaknesses."
Go to Top of Page

graciebell
Gabber Extraordinaire

377 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  10:24:52 AM  Show Profile Send graciebell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mysteriously loose a stitch even though you are knitting exactly as the chart tells you.

Blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.