Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Clara's photo !!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

FairlawnKathy
Chatty Knitter

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  09:53:11 AM  Show Profile Send FairlawnKathy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just saw Clara's photo in the "Buffalo Gold" ad in Wild Fibers magazine - great to have a photo with a name....... GREAT PHOTO !! I LOVE Clara's since of humor! If you've not seen Wild Fibers magazine or heard of the "Buffalo Gold" fiber contest. Google Wild Fibers. I've become attached to that magazine.....the summer cover has this wild photo of a musk ox partially shedding its winter coat..... I'm going to order a subscription for my birthday in October. Kathleen

Kathleen

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gulp! Time to get a copy of that issue. It's not the picture where I have the lampshade over my head, is it?

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher who is delighted that nobody has yet noticed she hired someone else to pose as her in that picture
Go to Top of Page

FairlawnKathy
Chatty Knitter

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:04:23 AM  Show Profile Send FairlawnKathy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No lampshade......just a loverly photo! You don't come to Ohio, do you? How about A Wool Gathering on September 16-17 in Yellow Springs.......

Kathleen
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats to Clara.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Mean Mama
Permanent Resident

USA
1138 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  7:34:50 PM  Show Profile Send Mean Mama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no links for the "impaired"?

-- Mean Mama

Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  03:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No photo on this link, but a description of the contest:
http://buffalogold.net/store/content/view/2/47/

And Clara, the photo of you is quite nice.

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  04:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
clara I got a picture or two of you

please send the hush money in large unmarked bills

or
you could bribe me in other ways

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  05:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys - that is Clara's Evil Twin, Chlora - who pretends she's the fiber maven and that way she gets to go pet the cashmere goats. Look closely - you can see the wicked twinkle in her eye.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

v-allknit
Seriously Hooked

India
741 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  06:55:07 AM  Show Profile Send v-allknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if some one could scan the photo and put it up in the fourm may be we will be able to see it too coz we cant get our hand on the mag!!!!!

thanks

shruti

My finished projects

My blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  07:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We will pay to see the picture.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  09:19:42 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I went through Barbara's link, but nothing would come up, I'm really disappointed, as I want to see what our Queen Bee looks like.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  09:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Rose, Clara's picture isn't on the site. We need someone to scan the picture so we can see it.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  09:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok I met her in person.....( and BessH too btw, Bess darlink....I got your photo too remember????)

Clara is very young, I was shocked at how young she is when I met her. She's the soul of wisdom, in a very young body.
She is very pretty and very feminine.
she is the girl next door
most folks would LOVE to have her as a daughter as she is someone to be very proud of

now Bess......she is wonderful......if you have a chance to meet Bess do it.....she is extremely smart, confident, witty, and a pleasure to visit with.

anyone else you all want me to spill the goods on?????

vi
hahahahaha
oh man they better not say sh*t about me
I got their pictures you know.........

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  10:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vi, it sounds like you're talking about Chlora? I have horns and red flames coming out of my eyes... (But it's very sweet of you to say those things anyway.)

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  11:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmmmmmm
there was a glow coming off you...
and I did see bumpies
maybe......?

vi

Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  11:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Vi, dig out the picture of Clara and post it on your blog for us to see. I vaguely remember a picture of Clara but then again I could be losing my mind.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  12:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's still there somewheres........
seek and thee shall find.......

vi
(Bess is there too......as is Amie, and Catherine.... Sheila... Marfa....... and a few others, who didn't send in the hush money fast enough)
hahaha
oye

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  12:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  2:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Off to go search for the picture.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

~bananaKnits~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  3:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit ~bananaKnits~'s Homepage  Send ~bananaKnits~ a Yahoo! Message Send ~bananaKnits~ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I give up I can't find it,????

Curious

Happy Knitting,

ana

http://bananaknits.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3458 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  4:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing a picture of Clara at one of the previous retreats when she was explaining the qualities of different fibers, see here. But it's too small, she's looking away and she looks _so_ serious. Come on people, I'm sure someone has a better picture!

--Minh
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.