Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Another Knitter Passed Away.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  10:20:17 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,

A lady called Raina, her username was raichris passed away on the 17th of October.

She hadn't posted since last year as she had been quite ill.

Her husband asked me to tell all her friends at Knitters Review that she has passed over and to tell you all what comfort and fun she had here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  10:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, how sad.

Rose, will you express our sympathies to her husband?

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  10:52:11 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Rose for letting us know. Please give my condolences to her husband. I can relate to what he is going through. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  11:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I started here after she stopped posting but please give her husband and family our sympathies -- I hope she was able to lurk even though she wasn't posting.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  11:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear that - my thoughts are with her loved ones.

Jane

'I am the milkman of human kindness - I will leave an extra pint' Billy Bragg
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelithgow/album
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  11:26:21 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

As usual I blundered in by sending her a Get Well Card and then the next day I got the news from her husband that she had passed on. He asked me to let everybody know, I know she lurked a lot when she was in hospital.

I wrote back to her husband and said on behalf of us all at Knitters Review that we would all miss her and what a lovely lady she was, I also passed on our deepest sympathies and condolences.

I think I should just leave it at that.

I hope that was ok with everybody, as I was so shocked I didn't know what else to say.

Go to Top of Page

Mama Bear
Gabber Extraordinaire

417 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  3:58:17 PM  Show Profile Send Mama Bear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rose,

Showing you care is not a blunder! When a spouse dies you think about them all the time, and knowing others think about them (as your card showed) and haven't forgoten can bring it's own comfort.

If it had been a blunder, I can't imagine you would have gotten such a nice response. Thanks so much for sharing our condolences to him.

Mama Bear

[img]http://beartoes.com/images/bearbutton.jpg[/img]
My Blog:www.beartoes.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingbaglady
Permanent Resident

USA
1207 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  5:06:57 PM  Show Profile Send knittingbaglady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember her either, but am thinking good thoughts for her loves ones.

Perhaps today a future knitter was born...

Martha.

http://www.greenmountainknittingbags.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  05:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Rose.....certainly not a blunder to show you cared with a card. I'm certain it touched her husband to know you had reached out to her.

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  05:13:48 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rose, there was no blunder. You showed concern and care.

Although I joined after she stopped, I am sorry she was ill and passed over.

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

ldpullins
New Pal

32 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  05:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit ldpullins's Homepage Send ldpullins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rose,

People will always remember the kindness shown to them by others. One never knows what a difference they make in other lives in the little things they do. I'm sure she enjoyed being a part of the group even though she couldn't participate. Your card let her husband and family know that someone cared about their loved one. Thanks for sharing. (P.S. I did teach my daughter to knit a few weeks ago so we have a new knitter now! If we teach others to knit, there will always be knitters to replace the ones who leave us.)

Laurie in TN

http://knit2purl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  06:17:26 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Condolences to her family and all of those that will miss her. KL
Go to Top of Page

candym
Chatty Knitter

343 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  11:19:30 AM  Show Profile Send candym a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just think of all the wondrous things she is knitting now. Beautiful colors and textures!

candace
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  11:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rose, How sad. Thanks for sharing with her husband the KR condolences and that she will be missed.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

SurfinSandy
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
473 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  12:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurfinSandy's Homepage Send SurfinSandy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I often wonder if something happened to me, how many of my online pals would actually know about it. The down-side to being somewhat annonymous.
Sad news, indeed. Everyone should teach someone new to knit...in her honor!
Thanks for sharing this, even though it was sad.

Surfin'Sandy

How old is 'over-the-hill' and what do you do if you can't hike that far anymore?
Go to Top of Page

SurfinSandy
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
473 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  12:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurfinSandy's Homepage Send SurfinSandy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I often wonder if something happened to me, how many of my online pals would actually know about it. The down-side to being somewhat annonymous.
Sad news, indeed. Everyone should teach someone new to knit...in her honor!
Thanks for sharing this, even though it was sad.

Surfin'Sandy

How old is 'over-the-hill' and what do you do if you can't hike that far anymore?
Go to Top of Page

SurfinSandy
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
473 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  12:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurfinSandy's Homepage Send SurfinSandy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh, darn, something got hung up, and this double posted. Could someone delete this and the extra, please? Sorry.

Surfin'Sandy

Go to Top of Page

lucylocket
Permanent Resident

4172 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  3:45:43 PM  Show Profile Send lucylocket a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rose for writing on our behalf - I didn't know the lady either but it was very thoughtful of you to let us know - Lucylocket

My Pictures[http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucicat/]
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  4:08:08 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Rose: Her husband and family know you had the right thoughts in mind. You did nothing wrong but having done the same thing I know exactly how you feel. Thank you so much for passing along condolences. I am sure everyone will agree. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

ninedoves
New Pal

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  4:44:33 PM  Show Profile Send ninedoves a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rose, I'm home sick tonight instead of going to the Opera. I came here to "be with everyone" and I feel honored to have read this thread of yours, and able to grieve for a sister knitter here along with you all. What a caring person you are, and how lucky we are to have each other. I will click my needles together and think of thoughts of friendship in memory of our friend Raina.

ninedoves
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3290 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  9:38:07 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and thank you all, I am sure her husband would appreciate this very much.

Ninedoves I hope your feeling better now.

Thank you everybody.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by