Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Podcasts
 I want to be entertained and learn too!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wrigley
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  6:28:50 PM  Show Profile Send wrigley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am from the West Palm Beach area, and I do find this podcast offensive and filthy. Do I really want to shop locally when I can order online cheaper? This podcast does not encourage me to do that.

quote:
Originally posted by meknits

Have you checked out Tanya's new podcast? She breaks down what's wrong with a baby sweater with a few expletives and the voice of a therapist. Look under her February 19 post.
http://tanyasglass.squarespace.com/

If you live in West Palm beach FL, you may want to skip this.(!)

http://marymqc.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

woolly1
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  7:21:10 PM  Show Profile Send woolly1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been enjoying stitch stud and his bride, in part because I think he's got a unique take on knitting. I didn't expect garter stitch to be interesting at all, but listening to him talk about it was, rather. As he works on his Canadian Master Knitters certification (don't think that's the official title), I expect more of the technical content from him.

Christa Knits is also a place I've learned a lot from. This is in terms of designing knitwear, mostly. Itunes labels her "explicit" but I haven't heard anything offensive there.

These are two of my newest finds!

charlotte

Go to Top of Page

gallant_duck
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  04:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit gallant_duck's Homepage Send gallant_duck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want to really get something out of your podcasts, Craftlit, The Knitting Cook, Craftypod, Math4knitters and Knit Science are all pretty good. Stash and Burn and Stitch Stud and his Bride are also excellent.

Each of these ones listed give you something more than yarn pron and book reviews... Not that there's too much wrong with yarn pron and book reviews!

emmms

http://erqsome.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

KrisKnits
Chatty Knitter

132 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  10:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit KrisKnits's Homepage Send KrisKnits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great thread!

I have been listening to Cast On and L & V.

I love Cast On. I am entertained, I learn a few things and I also like hearing about life in Wales. I'm a bit fascinated by that.

Sometimes I have to be in the right frame of mind for L & V. I like them but it can get a bit over the top sometimes. One great benefit to L & V is their discussion of all sorts of indie yarns. I learn about new yarns all the time when I'm listening to them. Other than that I don't really consider it to have a knitting education side to it. It's more for a good time.

I'm going to have to check out some of the podcasts listed here. I hadn't heard of some of these and I think I need to get to work and give 'em a listen.

Thanks for starting such a great thread.

Kris

Check out our shop:
Sonny & Shear
The I've Got Ewe, Babe Yarn Shop
http://www.sonnyandshear.com

Or check out the blog....
The Knitting Wannabe
http://knittingwannabe.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  12:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you asked this question, Bonnie. I, too, was looking for something with a little humor or technical information.

I'm looking forward to trying some of the podcast that have been posted.

Kimberly, knitting in VA
http://kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

stellal
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
956 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2007 :  5:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit stellal's Homepage Send stellal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looove cast-on for all the reasons already listed here, I also listen to maths4knitters, and while its ok - the maths is a little basic and she is not as professional in her planning as others. i do love the voice of my latest find KnitScience wonderful - again I loove her accent - but content wise again - good for beginers, but a bit basic. It kind of nice to see(hear?) her learn about socks and try circs and dpns, and I'm waiting for her to do toe up, and try different heels. The last one was a bit of a stash fest although she did a great review of a great sock book that i have added to my amazon list. L&V was for me a little like listening to a party I wasn't invited to ... lots of girl jokes and giggling and remember whens - but i wasn't there.

However out of this thread - I'm going to give Sticks and string a try - he seems to be liked by Brenda listeners and i'm one of those, and Unwound, for the same reasons.

I like a podcast with structure, a plan, not a ramble and its nice to learn new stuff, knitting related,w ith good music - there was a punk-alt-metal cast I could never get into - MoshKnit? - but Brenda loved to clean house to it - not even sure its still around.

Stella
I don't spend nearly enough time knitting. I don't have nearly enough yarn stashed for the future. My knit to frog ratio is around 2:1 and on show here www.Knitknitfrog.blogspot.com
where I even video my knitting!
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  08:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for all the new podcasts to listen to! I love cast on also, as well as the KnitPicks podcast....

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.