Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 Proselytizing - spreading the knitting bug to boys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ilustren
Warming Up

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  08:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit ilustren's Homepage Send ilustren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I volunteered to start a knitting club at my sons' elementary school, kind of an alternative to the sports, chess, and French clubs, and a way to keep the kids engaged during extra cold days when indoor recesses are a must. I made a brief presentation about knitting to four classrooms of kids grades five to eight and 57 kids signed up, more boys than girls.
So for one day a week, and on different days, I'll have groups of 12 kids in for knitting lessons. There are two teachers who are going to help me though. I think it's awesome! I'll let you know how things go.

Charles
Welland, Ontario
Blog: http://jigraknits.wordpress.com/
"God being the original knitter (Psalms 139:13) and humans (she AND he) being made in God's image...I'm equally entitled to enjoy creating through fibre."

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  09:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Charles, that's wonderful! The more youngsters we can teach to knit, the better off the world will be.

AuntyNin

Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. --- Terry Pratchett

http://home.earthlink.net/~lradiga1/
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  10:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is wonderful. Congrats and good luck.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

collieknit
Warming Up

84 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  5:51:10 PM  Show Profile Send collieknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rock on! It is amazing to see how open children are to new activities and skills. I hope you continue this noble effort.
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  4:35:03 PM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huzzah! I am hoping that we are going to see a renaissance of hand crafts of all sorts. Hopefully we are going to rebound from the sort of thinking that said "You can buy one for a lot less then the time and effort you're putting into that"

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe