Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 Another boy knitter!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Schachkoenigin
Chatty Knitter

166 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  09:10:38 AM  Show Profile Send Schachkoenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just successfully taught my little brother to knit. It took him about ten minutes to grasp the concept and twenty or thirty to actually be able to do it himself. He'll be five in March, so we're doing something very simple.
He's knitting a pink garter stitch ("gawtow titch") scarf. He wants to give it to our little sister when he's done.
He said, "I am vewy into knitting. I am knitting gawtow titch, and I can do it powfectly."
Just thought I'd share.

---------------------------
Others have excuses, I have my reasons why...

highdesertrose
Gabber Extraordinaire

Malta
544 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  5:17:24 PM  Show Profile Send highdesertrose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How cute is that? How is he handling the needles? My seven year old son has expressed an interest in knitting and I'm looking forward to getting him started.

~Rena~
My DH isn't afraid of anything- oh, except for those two words- "yarn shop".
Go to Top of Page

Jewles
Chatty Knitter

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  06:48:29 AM  Show Profile Send Jewles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I taught my sons to knit about 4 years ago (they were 11 and 7), when we were all housebound with the flu for a week. The younger one (now almost 12) has continued to knit. He is working on a basketweave scarf right now. He also asked me to teach him to crochet (I have only been crocheting for 3 months), and he made himself a beanie in one afternoon.

Rena - just let him see how you hold the needles. Alex has modified what I do so that it is more comfortable for him. Some people might be horrified at how he holds them, but it works for him.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe