Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Sock Forum
 Fleegle's Heel: BEST heel for a toe-up sock:
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AngieSue
Permanent Resident

USA
1606 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  3:04:22 PM  Show Profile Send AngieSue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've used Fleegle's heel for 2 pairs of socks and it is wonderful! Nice fit, no holes, and the instructions are clearly written. For toe-up socks, this will be my go-to-heel.

Angie
My Ravelry
My Pictures
Go to Top of Page

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2014 :  5:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just been reading the posts about the fleegle heel, which I never heard of! I have been a member here since the beginning, but not posting for a while. I may have to try this sometime soon, as I love to knit socks. We can always learn new tricks. Barb

Barb H., NM
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  03:39:34 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Barb, you might also want to try "Fish Lips Kiss Heel" on your next pair of socks. I constantly try new ways of making sock heels.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fish-lips-kiss-heel

Kristina
Go to Top of Page

ikkivan
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
542 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  07:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit ikkivan's Homepage Send ikkivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kristina, have you made this heel? I enjoy trying new heels, too ... does this work for high insteps where the heel must be deeper than "average?"

Thanks for the link! I think I will get that e-book.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Go to Top of Page

kkknitter
Seriously Hooked

699 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  09:38:39 AM  Show Profile Send kkknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I just finished a pair of socks that I designed myself where I used this heel. The designer suggested to add one inch of plain knitting after the heel is done, but I added one and a half inches to make sure that my heel fitted without pulling. That worked. Check my Flickr page for a picture of my socks with the Fish Lips Kiss Heel. It's the champagne colored sock.

Kristina

--kk

Flickr pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkknitter/
Go to Top of Page

Janettoo
Warming Up

63 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  9:00:13 PM  Show Profile Send Janettoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've tried both the Fleegle Heel and the Fish-Kiss. I have a very high instep and even heels that are supposed to be good "even for high insteps" aren't. Fleegle Heel works well for me. Fish-Kiss was a bit tight on the first sock so I added a gusset of a few stitches to its mate, and the second sock is more comfortable. The first sock, without a bit of a gusset, is still wearable, however.

Janet in TN
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2388 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2014 :  07:16:13 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try other heels but keep returning to the Fleegle Heel. Having said that, though, I haven't tried the Fish Lips Kiss yet. I'll use that on my next pair.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?