Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 at $2.99 it's a bargain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

4004 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  4:14:33 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvh8cWCkDkY

Donna in VA

knitegrity
Chatty Knitter

255 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  5:33:00 PM  Show Profile Send knitegrity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gosh, I think I want one of those!!!!

http://knitthistoo.blogspot.com/
Knit One,
diana
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  07:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
did that ad say Woolworth? I haven't seen a Woolworth for about 20 years!

Keep knitting, this too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page

fmarrs
Guardian angel

USA
9776 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  07:41:11 AM  Show Profile Send fmarrs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The title said this was from 1971, that's 36 years ago and the year I got my 3 daughters.

fran

http://martianmischief.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

~rosie~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
435 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  08:01:01 AM  Show Profile Send ~rosie~ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh. Looks interesting. I wonder if such things still exist.

I'm hopelessly addicted. I'm strung out on yarn.
To honor my sons: http://www.walkamerica.org/laborslovelost
Go to Top of Page

mkfromKansas
Chatty Knitter

339 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  08:27:16 AM  Show Profile Send mkfromKansas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope it makes the general market. What a wonderful idea for my 4 yr old great granddaughter, my friend who is in the middle stages of Alzheimers,and others might find this gadget to be THE answer to their creative instincts.
Go to Top of Page

Sticks and String
Permanent Resident

USA
1113 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  08:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sticks and String's Homepage Send Sticks and String a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one! Don't know where I got it...didn't know what it was but it said "knitter" on it so I couldn't throw it away.

There are currently 8 of them listed on eBay. Prices range anywhere from $3.99 - $19.99. Some come with patterns, etc.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  08:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Off to ebay.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

mudpie@thegraphiczone.net
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  10:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mudpie@thegraphiczone.net's Homepage Send mudpie@thegraphiczone.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked one up at a garage sale last year for $1. Haven't really done much more than try it out the first day I got it. It seems very slow and tedious. Unadulterated knit or crochet is much quicker, in my opinion.

Knit someone a scarf and they'll have an accessory; teach someone to knit and they'll be in stitches for the rest of their life.
Go to Top of Page

pqpatch
Seriously Hooked

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  5:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pqpatch's Homepage Send pqpatch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh, I don't know about the product but did you see the hair on that woman!! Deja Vu, takes me back. Did we really look like that in the 70's?

Pb

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the titanic.
Go to Top of Page

operakaz
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  03:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit operakaz's Homepage Send operakaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Egads...I had that set when I was a kid. Didn't work very well LOL Regular knitting and crocheting was much nicer...

Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?