Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Favorite Yarns
 Caron Simply Soft Shadows Shrug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lizard787
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  11:48:59 AM  Show Profile Send lizard787 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone made this shrug? The pattern is on the ball band of Simply Soft Shadows. I am in the process of making it in a size small. The directions state that the finished measurements excluding the cuffs is 60 inches. I am getting the gauge with the needle size recommended but I am using so much yarn! The pattern calls for 3 balls for the small size and I have already almost finished with the 4th. I am on my way to purchase my 5th ball which I think will do it. Has anyone else had this problem?

mwedzi
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
515 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  4:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit mwedzi's Homepage Send mwedzi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made this in the small size and there's no way you can do it with 3 balls. I don't know where they got that from. I think I used 5 and I, too, was on gauge.

--Nikki My blog:
http://knitensity.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  10:39:44 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Email them and let them know. Maybe they'll send you some free samples for your inconvenience and for letting them know they made an error.
Go to Top of Page

koreancracker
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  9:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit koreancracker's Homepage Send koreancracker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh no! i just purchased 4 to make the L size. now i need to find three more balls in the same dyelot. grrr
Go to Top of Page

Betz
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  09:08:07 AM  Show Profile Send Betz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished the shadows shrug and what a disappointment. I used almost six skeins just to get the correct striping and the back bunches up. So now I will frog it and redo the back to shorten it by four inches. And I also have gauge. The company needs to redo this pattern. I knitted the small. The arms fit good, although when I redo it I won't sew them up quite so far.
Go to Top of Page

koreancracker
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  8:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit koreancracker's Homepage Send koreancracker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i contacted the company with the error and they sent me 5 skeins in the colorway i requested!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe