Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Lots of luscious yarn in Indianapolis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

counterculture
Gabber Extraordinaire

453 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  08:42:58 AM  Show Profile Send counterculture a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have a nice LYS downtown, but on the north side, Knit Stop is doubling their space and it's like Christmas in there as they open and stock all the shelves. They have an outstanding selection -- ok, it's the nicest shop I've been in and probably in the top 10 in the US.
If you are in town for a convention, (and we have lots of them), it's well worth the trip up north. It's less than 10 miles from downtown, and there is lots of great shopping and dining nearby.

Even better, the LYSO is enthusiastic and very friendly -- they kindly let me browse and were willing to help me with a purchase, even though they were "closed."

8kids4me
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  10:21:57 AM  Show Profile Send 8kids4me a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whereabouts is it? My daughter lives in Noblesville, and I will be coming that way in about 4 weeks.

Cindy B
Go to Top of Page

counterculture
Gabber Extraordinaire

453 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  10:41:49 AM  Show Profile Send counterculture a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's their link: http://www.knit-stop.com/1244919.html It's between Castleton and Keystone at the Crossing, near the southwest corner of 82nd (86th) St. and Dean Rd., or Clearwater.

So, it's very convenient from Noblesville. Let me know after your visit!
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  11:15:03 AM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you been to the Mass Ave Shop in INdy....they have moved from Mass Ave to another address, I can't remember where it is.

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

counterculture
Gabber Extraordinaire

453 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  11:57:10 AM  Show Profile Send counterculture a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I shop at MAKS often. I was there last week. Here's their link:
http://www.massaveknitshoponline.com/
They are now on Virginia Ave., in the Fountain Square area. It's about a mile southeast of downtown, and a much better location as it is larger and convenient parking and interstate access.
The two shops have such different feels to them. I will always love MAKS, and their staff, and their clearance room (yup! a whole room!), but Knit Stop is much more upscale, elegant, and fashionable. They carry the finest fibers and it's organized a bit by the color wheel, so it is very visually appealing.
However, both LYSO are fabulous, friendly, and down to earth! Very helpful to any knitter.
Go to Top of Page

JayhawkKnitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
910 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  07:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit JayhawkKnitter's Homepage Send JayhawkKnitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to be in Carmel the 28th - 1st visiting my sister. She mentioned a shop on Range Line Road. Any advice on that one?

Check out my blog!

http://www.knittinhoney.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

counterculture
Gabber Extraordinaire

453 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  10:02:52 AM  Show Profile Send counterculture a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, she must be thinking of Keepsakes, 30 South Range Line Rd, Carmel,IN 46032 ph. 317-574-9618. It's on the west side of the street in an old house. I just noticed that they carry Schaeffer yarn, so I should try to get in there sometime to look at her selection of Anne.

I used to have an outside sales job which gave me more daytime hours to visit LYS. So, it's been a few years since I've been there. It's a small shop with lots of traditional yarns - made me think about knitting aran sweaters.

If you are going to be in Carmel, you should really think about trying to visit all three nearby shops: Keepsakes, south to Knit Stop, and north to Westfield to http://www.stitchesnscones.com/ or Stitches and Scones. The latter two shops are much larger, diverse, and inspiring, IMHO.
Go to Top of Page

8kids4me
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  9:04:35 PM  Show Profile Send 8kids4me a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohhhh Westfield is where my dd lived before Noblesville. I will be heading out there Sunday, I will have to take a peek.

Cindy B
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?