Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Podcasts
 Podcast Download Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  08:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HI,
I figured out how to listen to the Podcasts on my computer but is there anyways to download them to your MP3 player. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how.
Thanks!

My new website:
http://poorluci.blogspot.com/

elizh
Permanent Resident

USA
1248 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  10:13:39 AM  Show Profile Send elizh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For my Ipod, I simply plug it into the computer and it synchronizes with the copies on the computer that show on the Itunes program screen. If I didn't download the file using Itunes, I have to know where the files is located, and I used an "add to library" function on the Itunes file pull-down menu. The it will get added to itunes and get copied to the ipod next time I plug in the ipod.

I don't know about other MP3 products...but it seems to me they would probably also use some kind of synchronization operation, much like a Palm device, so your files have to be collected in one place. If you know a teenager, they might be able to help you!
Go to Top of Page

Shelia
Permanent Resident

USA
2345 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  08:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shelia's Homepage Send Shelia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you listening to the podcasts online, or downloading to your computer? I don't listen online, because since I live in a rural area my dial-up is very slow. I have subscribed to the podcasts I want through iTunes, and use Wi-Fi at a local coffee shop a couple of times a week to let the podcasts download. once they're on my computer I can put on the iPod or listen from the computer whenever I want.

Shelia
www.letstalkstash.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  09:14:03 AM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Creative Zen Nano Plus instead of an IPod. I still have Windows 98 on one computer and 2000 on another. I use a program called Juice to collect the podcasts and then I move them on to my MP3 player by using Windows Explorer. Sort of low-tech, but it works.

http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?