Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Shawls and Scarves
 HOLIDAY GIFT SCARVES WITH SOCK YARN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knittingdiva1@aol.com
New Pal

31 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  12:40:15 AM  Show Profile Send knittingdiva1@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonder if I'm the only one out there way behind in my holiday gift knitting and looking for quick to knit gorgeous scarves with fingering wt yarns.
I have all these odd ball 100gm skeins of solid, self striping and self patterning sock yarns......want to knit up some really interesting and intriguing scarves with these yarns but haven't a clue what pattern(s) would work the best.
Any suggestions of patterns to knit up quickly would be appreciated.
Thank You
Happy Knitting and Happy Holidays
Ronni Lynn Spoll
www.chemocaps.com

joan8904@aol.com
New Pal

48 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  06:01:36 AM  Show Profile Send joan8904@aol.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTargosy.html

Maybe?

joan
Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

740 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  07:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw a fun interesting scarf that was made from two different self-striping sock yarn colorways. The person knit the scarf in a long skinny 2 by 2 rib and half was one colorway and half was the other. She used two different colorways of Regia that had one color in common in both, but I could see using two completely different colorways also.

Mary
http://snitnknit.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2607 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  07:04:26 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good suggestion, Joan - I love that pattern.

But knittingdiva1, you must know that the combo of scarves and fingering weight yarn will NOT be quick! Gorgeous, yes, but quick, no, unless you are a real speed knitter, or if you double the yarn.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

queenmaxine
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  08:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit queenmaxine's Homepage Send queenmaxine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am doing this one in some sock yarn from thejollyewe.com

http://madelinetosh.typepad.com/my_weblog/free_patterns/index.html

My blog is not strictly knitting, but there are occasional WIP updates and frustration or bragging rants as I am a new knitter.

www.nolanoni.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  10:22:20 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great minds think alike! I've done a couple using sock yarn and Old Shale/Feather & Fan pattern.

Brought to you by the tongue in cheek-y monkey
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Top of Page

galleylama
Seriously Hooked

753 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  12:37:34 PM  Show Profile Send galleylama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you crochet the Boteh scarf from Interweave Crochet Spring '07 is a beautiful scarf and calls for 430 yds sock yarn - fingering weight. See it here:
http://www.kattitudes.com/creative/2007/09/19/boteh-scarf/
It also works up really very quickly.

It is easier to be forgiven than to receive permission.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe