Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 500 to 800 Yards
 540 yds. Colinette Point Five
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alphawulf1
New Pal

16 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  12:22:59 PM  Show Profile Send alphawulf1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had thought of a sweater but I think it may be too bulky for me. Has anyone made anything else they are really happy with from this much Point Five? I also have a 4 yr old daughter I can knit for.

pkee
Chatty Knitter

222 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  2:15:42 PM  Show Profile Send pkee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About that weight? How about something for you? Check out Carie Cropped from Fitted Knits. Less than 400 yards of a super bulky. I just knit it in a doubled worsted (Colinette Pointe Five would have been a smidge better). Looks great!

Pam
Go to Top of Page

alphawulf1
New Pal

16 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  2:14:32 PM  Show Profile Send alphawulf1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pam,
I checked out the Fitted Knits pattern you suggested. It is adorable and I would have been all over that in my twenties and maybe early thirties but I'm approaching 46 now and am a sz 14/16 so I don't think I'd look so good in it. Have a ball in it though! Do you have one of these blogs that so many people have? I'd love to see a pic of how yours turned out.
Thanks again,
Julie
Go to Top of Page

pkee
Chatty Knitter

222 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  9:34:05 PM  Show Profile Send pkee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now Julie, you'd be surprised! I'm 45! I actually was told by the ladies in my knitting group that I had to knit a second one! The first time that I knit it, I swore that it would have been better on my 6 year old daughter :) I just knit one this weekend in Cascade Lana Grande. It's a warm thing. Any how, makes it look like I have a waist . . . afer twins I'm not so sure :)

Pam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?