Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Crochet for beginners - basic questions
 Bobbles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Diva Maggie
Warming Up

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  12:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Diva Maggie's Homepage Send Diva Maggie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am adding a trim on a scarf I am knitting where I have to make 10 bobbles and its says...

quote:
With 2.50mm crochet hook, make a slip loop.

Would the slip loop be the same as the slip stitch used to start off a knitting project?

Next it says...

quote:
Round 1(RS): 8dc in centre of slip loop, 1ss in first dc.
Pull firmly on loose end of slip loop to close base of bobble.

Would this mean I would double crochet 8 times into the slip loop and then slip stitch once into the first double crochet? I'm not getting this at all.

~Maggie
http://rowanista.com
~always dance as if no one's watching~

amazing grace
Chatty Knitter

107 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  4:21:25 PM  Show Profile Send amazing grace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Would the slip loop be the same as the slip stitch used to start off a knitting project?

Yes (according to my husband)

quote:
Would this mean I would double crochet 8 times into the slip loop and then slip stitch once into the first double crochet?

Husband browsed your blog looking for a picture of this project.

Looking at the picture of the scarf, it looks like there is a chain between the scarf and the bobble. Are you attaching the bobble to a length of chain?

The slip loop will be big enough to do 8 dc around it. Then you join them together with a slip stitch in the first dc. When you pull this stitch tight, it will allow you to pull the 8dc's together to create the bobble.

Hopefully that helps - I only speak "knitting".
Go to Top of Page

Diva Maggie
Warming Up

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  5:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Diva Maggie's Homepage Send Diva Maggie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amazing grace

quote:

Yes (according to my husband)

quote:
Would this mean I would double crochet 8 times into the slip loop and then slip stitch once into the first double crochet?

Husband browsed your blog looking for a picture of this project.

Looking at the picture of the scarf, it looks like there is a chain between the scarf and the bobble. Are you attaching the bobble to a length of chain?

The slip loop will be big enough to do 8 dc around it. Then you join them together with a slip stitch in the first dc. When you pull this stitch tight, it will allow you to pull the 8dc's together to create the bobble.

Hopefully that helps - I only speak "knitting".

Thank you so much, because I only speak "knitting" too Actually the bobbles are made first...no chain.

~Maggie
http://rowanista.com
~always dance as if no one's watching~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by