Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Mom's New book is written by Clara
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  08:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So my mom calls me this morning to tell about me about her adventures yesterday with her friend. The conversation goes like this:

Mom: I went to Barnes & Noble and got this great book that is all about yarn. I started reading it yesterday and it is just wonderful.
Me: What the book is called?
Mom: "Knitter's Book of yarn"
Me: by Clara Parkes
Mom: How do you know that
Me: I know her. Clara runs the Knitter's review site that I keep trying to get you to join. I also have the book.

Wanda
My Blog
Ravelry - gwtreece

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  08:44:04 AM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fun story! I love stories that show what a small world we live in, how so many of us are interconnected. Do you think she'll come here now and check us out?

Jan
Go to Top of Page

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  09:11:31 AM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Moms are funny that way aren't they? You try to tell them, they don't listen, then there's the I told you so moment... And they say us "kids" never listen!
Hope your mom drops by one of these days.

My Flickr pics
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2008 :  3:59:53 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's so darn cute. I thought that Clara had "ghost written" a new book or something. This is even better! A new KR member maybe. Yay!

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  04:40:53 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny! Yep, Moms are like that! Tell her we are waiting for her to join! Welcome! (in advance)

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  3:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How funny! It's a wonderfully small world. How lovely to keep it in the family, too.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

ellensatch@msn.com
Chatty Knitter

256 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  5:46:41 PM  Show Profile Send ellensatch@msn.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To quote a TV commercial from several decades ago - the'60's I think,
"Mothers are like that. Yeah, they are!" I think it was for baby aspirin - it was that long ago!
Go to Top of Page

8kids4me
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  05:34:27 AM  Show Profile Send 8kids4me a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohhh I had such a crush on that little boy in the aspirin ad. His name was Timmy and he came to play with his friend who was not feeling well. Early 60's and one of the first commercials I remember.

Cindy B
Go to Top of Page

hissyknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  05:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit hissyknit's Homepage Send hissyknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wanda,
Tell your mom to come into the light! All are welcome in the light.
(DH loves that ghost movie--can't think of the name of it now)

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."

http://hissyknit.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  07:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We just got mom to learn to email about a year ago so I;m hoping she will finally jump on the computer band wagon.

Wanda
My Blog
Ravelry - gwtreece
Go to Top of Page

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  08:48:29 AM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hissyknit

Wanda,
Tell your mom to come into the light! All are welcome in the light.
(DH loves that ghost movie--can't think of the name of it now)

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."

http://hissyknit.blogspot.com/

Poltergeist, the first one. CarolAnn

My Flickr pics
Go to Top of Page

DebbiOH
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
525 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  11:48:50 AM  Show Profile Send DebbiOH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See, a good book speaks for itself. I'm sure Clara was glad to hear the compliment.

~Debbi~NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.57 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?