Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Knitting as Not Physical Therapy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beedee
Seriously Hooked

USA
705 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  10:28:13 AM  Show Profile Send beedee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knitting may be great for mental/emotional therapy. However, overdoing it may be the cause of physical distress; whether one is overdoing it in stretches of time, over-exertion of fine muscles & tendons, bady body positioning, or even certain stitch combinations (K3tog, P4tog, come to mind).

Take it easier on yourselves (or at least the appendages that allow you to knit at all).

fiberlicious
Permanent Resident

1637 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  6:30:05 PM  Show Profile Send fiberlicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NOW you tell me! ;)
Go to Top of Page

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  7:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What she said. :)

--That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  7:36:34 PM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This news comes at a bad time, bad time indeed. heehee

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

beedee
Seriously Hooked

USA
705 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  11:19:42 PM  Show Profile Send beedee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pompous, eh?
Go to Top of Page

Ratbag
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
318 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  01:16:29 AM  Show Profile Send Ratbag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry beedee, but some of your comments do make me smile

Sandra x

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  05:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
maybe she wants us to smile! anyway, I've noticed that I do need to take 'stretch breaks' from knitting and crocheting every 30-45 minutes and if I'm spending a lot of time knitting or crocheting in a single day, I do the breaks more frequently.

Keep knitting, this too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9712 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  11:03:07 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, beedee, we took it in the right spirit I think. The spirit of self knowledge and a bit of fun.

Zippiknits
Go to Top of Page

Ratbag
Chatty Knitter

United Kingdom
318 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile Send Ratbag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with the comments of the last speaker

Sandra

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe