Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Incredible Sweater Machine VS KX350
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TiggerPooh2380
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  8:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Send TiggerPooh2380 a Yahoo! Message Send TiggerPooh2380 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Incredible Sweater Machine, and a couple other machines I havent figured out how to use (lol). I have the chance to purchase a KX350 for $60.00 which comes with manual, video, row counter...etc I am just wondering if there is a big difference between the Incredible Sweater Machine and the KX350.. I know they are different, but I am wondering if it does pretty much the same thing. Main reason Im even thinking about it is for the row counter.

Thanks for any and all input

Sarah

NastiJ
Permanent Resident

1288 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  08:34:25 AM  Show Profile Send NastiJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can buy a row counter for your Bond, if that's all you're looking for (and cheaper than $60) - the one for the USM will work, you just need something to trip it. Or you can buy the USM carriage upgrade for your Bond. The KX350 is 7mm gauge, the ISM is 8mm.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page

miggice
New Pal

Philippines
4 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  04:05:11 AM  Show Profile Send miggice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is quite a difference between the two, and I would pick the KX 350 any day. The Incredible Sweater Machine does not have a tension rod, this pulls back the slack you get when you run the carriage past the last stitch of the knitting. The KX 350 has this tension rod, and this makes the knitting more even. You can also do much more on the KX 350.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe