Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Entrelac
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donnawatk
Seriously Hooked

766 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  09:00:23 AM  Show Profile Send donnawatk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went thru all my stash yesterday and found it has grown out of hand. So I decided I would start a entrelac blanket using what I had.I'm not that good at putting the right colors in what order. I started out with a dark green I have red,gold light green, brown black you name and I have it. Any ideas on a order. I have a birthday in November and I almost always get some yarn as a gift this way I will not feel guilty. Donna

Sticks and String
Permanent Resident

USA
1113 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  12:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sticks and String's Homepage Send Sticks and String a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about which color is next to which other color. Think "big picture" and randomly pull a color from a bag and just knit away. In the end, it will all look lovely together. Entrelac is fun! If you don't already kow how to "knit backwards" this will be a wonderful project to learn this fun and surprisingly easy skill. By the time you are half a dozen rows into a blanket you'll be glad you learned and it will go much quicker than if you are turning the entire project each time you have to purl.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1809 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  3:02:54 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Yup, just a Jo said, the colors will be lovely. Maybe it would be good, when stepping back to see what you've got every once in a while, to make sure you are not "pooling" your colors (lots of darks together, etc.) too much. Or, if you do put darks together, say, then space out the effects by other concentratde areas spaced over the whole piece in an attractive way. Keep the intensities balanced in an attractive way as you check your work.

And I *really* second "knitting back backwards"! It is cool, and very saving of "turnaround -itis" (twisted work, dropping stitches, etc.)

Great idea!
Anna
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  2:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want a more regular striped look get out the balls and wind them around a ruler in different orders until you get a combination you like. I like the idea of just grab a ball and go for it.

Another knit backwards advocate here. I'm really enjoying doing my entrelac scarf, the only time I turn the work is to pick up the stitches on the purl side other than that it is just knit back and forward.

Wen

2008 stats: 13 FO, 10 WIP, 1 frogpond.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/kr_members/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by