Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Seeking nearby spinners / guilds
 Calling All Bklyn Spinners....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gossemerwings
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2008 :  5:52:55 PM  Show Profile Send gossemerwings a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am putting together a new Bklyn spinning group called "Bklyn Spinsters" {spinsters = spinning sisters}, where we can meet in various places in Bklyn, or in one place once a month, to fellowship, share techniques, problems, and wisdom in the fiber arts, and you can bring what ever your working on, whether you want to spin {spindle or bring your portable wheel}, hand card, knit, crochet~ what ever your in the mood for, as well as share your patterns and ideas.
I'm a designer, seamstress, artist, crochet teacher {been crocheting for 43 yrs}, as well as do basic knitting, and now I'm a new spinner, but learning all I can about livestock and fiber arts, so I'll be able to teach that as well.
If anyone is interested, please leave a message here, and you can always leave me a private message if need be, I look forward to growing this group, big hugs~ Dora :)

arlinem
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  7:00:30 PM  Show Profile Send arlinem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
while i'm no longer in brooklyn, hello from another brooklyn girl! i grew up in greenpoint myself. welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

robynulz@gmail.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  3:52:13 PM  Show Profile Send robynulz@gmail.com a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't live in Brooklyn- I live in Queens but I am willing to drive to Brooklyn! I am a semi-beginner and I also knit and quilt. Let me know if anything develops.

Robyn
Go to Top of Page

beingv
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  2:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit beingv's Homepage Send beingv a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dora,
Its "beingV" from Rav :) I don't get to Brooklyn often but I will certainly try to attend your events whenever possible.

I spin, therefore I get yarn.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?