Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 For those that liked the Slanket...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  10:46:10 PM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Snuggie! A cheaper alternative that comes with free booklight! Buy 1 get 1 for the cost of shipping... thinking of buying one for Mom for christmas. Although when I was a kid a snuggie is what we called it when someone would pull your undies up your butt, I guess more commonly known as a wedgie these days
I love infomercials

https://www.freesnuggie.com/Default.aspx?mid=523259

My Ravelry
My Flickr
My Facebook

Paris2005
Chatty Knitter

280 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  07:00:28 AM  Show Profile Send Paris2005 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for providing this link! I am going to place an order as this is a perfect gift for my niece who depends on a wheelchair for her mobility. I am going to keep the other one for myself as I am always cold and winter has arrived here in Wisconsin. --Ramona
Go to Top of Page

Sher
Permanent Resident

1292 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  07:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Sher a Yahoo! Message Send Sher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the infomercial too and was wondering what happens to the extra bottom bulk when one gets up to pour a cup of jo? They show the person fully covered on the sofa but do not show the bottom when the actor is standing. Pull-cords to yank it up?!!
Go to Top of Page

Cheerleader9
Permanent Resident

USA
1563 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  08:39:52 AM  Show Profile Send Cheerleader9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It should be noted that the postage cost almost as much as the 2 snuggies! $15.90 to AZ.

[http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheerleader9/]
[http://www.ravelry.com/people/Cheerleader9]
Barb in AZ

Nothing ventured, Nothing gained.
Go to Top of Page

purlthis
Permanent Resident

USA
2754 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  1:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlthis's Homepage Send purlthis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it me, or does the old guy look like a monk the way he's sitting?

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
http://purledthis.blogspot.com/ UPDATED! WITH PICS!
Go to Top of Page

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  11:34:10 PM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not just you, I thought that too. I'm not really sure what happens to the excess, i wasn't able to find measurements anywhere, and really if you're walking around the house wouldn't you flip it around like a robe (or a really sweet Jedi cloak)? I would...

My Ravelry
My Flickr
My Facebook
Go to Top of Page

Sher
Permanent Resident

1292 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  2:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Sher a Yahoo! Message Send Sher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would also be afraid that the extra fabric at the arms might drop down into food or an open flame! It would take some getting used to.
Go to Top of Page

mmjryoung
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
360 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:15:31 AM  Show Profile Send mmjryoung a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone told me that they saw this for sale in either Toys R Us or Babies R Us. Sort of a strange place for these but that shipping charge is a killer. I have purchased items seen on TV in CVS..they have a section. Have not seen this though. Think there are whole stores where you can purchase "as seen on tv" products too but haven't researched where yet.
Liked the snuggie when I saw it but definitely would not pay that much for shipping.
Go to Top of Page

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  11:27:25 AM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes there are a few of those "As Seen on TV" stores around, one is right here in Minneapolis at Mall Of America.
From my POV I would rather pay $8 shipping (it's only $36 total for two blankets and two "free" book lights) than drive 20-30 minutes to MOA, find a parking space, find the store, waste half a day just for one blanket. I hate MOA...

My Ravelry
My Flickr
My Facebook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by