Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 The things you say after spotting yarn. . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MissKnitty
Chatty Knitter

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  10:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit MissKnitty's Homepage Send MissKnitty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I happen to exclaim "oh yummy" or "yum!" when I see particularly eye appealing yarn. can't help it--it sure is eye candy! And don't some of the names for yarn sound so scrumdiddlyumptious? Makes my imagination fire up to think about the next project.

Life is simple: be the person your dog thinks you are.

MindyO
Permanent Resident

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  12:22:33 PM  Show Profile Send MindyO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My usual comments when shopping with others is "Holy crap look at this color/feel how soft! Here poke it!" or "EW! This is the ugliest/nastiest feeling yarn I've ever seen! Poke it!"
If I'm by mysef I'm usually just quiet, migfht here an OOH though

My Ravelry
My Flickr
My Facebook
Go to Top of Page

queen of the east
Seriously Hooked

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  12:47:45 PM  Show Profile Send queen of the east a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I encounter an admirable yarn alot of sighing and heavy petting occurs.

Ann in Montreal
Go to Top of Page

lella
Permanent Resident

9714 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  11:07:58 AM  Show Profile Send lella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sort of stand still and take it all in. Some yarns are quite stunning in their look, colors and softness. Savor the moment, you know? I don't get out much. hahaha

Pics at Flickr
Zippiknits
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Go to Top of Page

NuttyKnitter101
Chatty Knitter

338 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  12:33:23 PM  Show Profile Send NuttyKnitter101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually let out a loud squeal and immediately drop everything I'm carrying 0=D

Got Boats?
Go to Top of Page

Wheat
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
406 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  2:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wheat's Homepage Send Wheat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty Pretty
Mine, Mine
Please Please

Don't Let Congress Kill Creativity
Help Stop The Orphans Work Act NOW
Visit: http://www.owoh.org

Read What Wheat Wrote: http://www.WheatCarr.com
Go to Top of Page

PCam
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  7:24:33 PM  Show Profile Send PCam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooohhh, that's so soft! Feel that! (shoves yarn in direction of fellow shopper and hopes they don't think I've lost my mind...)

Life is an open book test. Finding which book, though...

PCam
Go to Top of Page

ruthmel1
New Pal

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  05:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit ruthmel1's Homepage Send ruthmel1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try not to squeel with excitment and do lots of stroking and squeezing!!!

Black Cat Fibres
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5037783
http://soxandcinders.blogspot.com/
find me on Ravelry as Cinders
Go to Top of Page

delcom44@bresnan.net
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  08:33:31 AM  Show Profile Send delcom44@bresnan.net a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I am Norwegian, I say "Ufta" a lot. When I see an incredible yarn, I call it an "ufta moment".

Cindy

Cindy in Montana
Go to Top of Page

simpleknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  10:08:12 AM  Show Profile Send simpleknitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WoWie
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  12:24:07 PM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my................
judy
Go to Top of Page

Sticks and String
Permanent Resident

USA
1113 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  10:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sticks and String's Homepage Send Sticks and String a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tend to describe anything that tickles more than one of my senses as "delicious". Which drives my eldest son mad...lol! His "rule" is "if you can EAT it you can call it 'delicious'...if you are KNITTING with it it can't be 'delicious'". He's a funny child with a lot of personal rules. I have no idea where he came from...

Jo
Go to Top of Page

knitwitt
Seriously Hooked

USA
700 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  4:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit knitwitt's Homepage Send knitwitt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"ohmigawd!"
"ooooh!"
"holy s--t!"
"uhm, WOW."

And I sometimes refer to new purchases as "gorgeous num nums." As in, "oooh, look at all my gorgeous num nums!"

--Jennifer

http://impatientknitter.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SpunKnit
New Pal

46 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  08:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpunKnit's Homepage Send SpunKnit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been known to squeal when spotting yarn. Lots of "ohhh's" and "ahhh's" usually follow. I'm more of a "groper" than an "exclaimer"!
Go to Top of Page

yarnbabe
New Pal

5 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  1:52:36 PM  Show Profile Send yarnbabe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I spot a particularly yummy yarn I talk to it. "Hello, aren't you pretty. How'd you like to come with me?"
Go to Top of Page

2totangle
Permanent Resident

1212 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  2:33:02 PM  Show Profile Send 2totangle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just cleaning out some old boxes and ran into 2 1/2 skeins of mystery yarn (I think it was sent by my mom and inadvertently buried). My reaction? An involuntary "Hello!"

Suzanne

A few pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2totangle/
Go to Top of Page

simple knitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  8:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Send simple knitter a Yahoo! Message Send simple knitter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a gropper, I love to feel up the yarn, my DH thinks I've lost my mind, lol
Go to Top of Page

dolores dev
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  3:31:43 PM  Show Profile Send dolores dev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually say look at that, feel this, mmmm. And then I wonder what I can do with it.
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen-NYC
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  12:19:29 PM  Show Profile Send Kathleen-NYC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually shop alone - so I say to myself "I'm buying some of that!"
Go to Top of Page

Ruthsbestfriend
New Pal

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  7:34:28 PM  Show Profile Send Ruthsbestfriend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I zero in on it and the rest of the world just sort of disappears. I touch it with the back of my fingers. Then I ignore it for a bit. It leaves the shop with me if I go back for it two more times.
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2211 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  8:23:20 PM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm usually too busy drooling to say anything.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?