Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello from Michigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sheilara
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  12:43:54 PM  Show Profile Send Sheilara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm rather new to this addiction (within the last year) so I'm learning new things every day and loving it. I knit for my 2 kids, brothers, parents, and recently new babies that my friends have. Winter time here is cold so it's perfect for knitting hats, mittens and scarves for everyone. I started and now I can't stop!!!

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  4:03:23 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from another Michigan knitter. Hope you enjoy the forum and you are sure to learn much.

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

Queen Knitsalot
Permanent Resident

USA
1331 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  06:16:41 AM  Show Profile Send Queen Knitsalot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello from another Michigan knitter. Are you a yooper or a troll? In the thumb? Near the cuff? I am about 15-20 miles east of the center of the mitten. If you are anywhere close by come by Twisted Warp and Skeins, a great spinning, weaving and yarn shop with needle felting and locker hooking and just a pile of needle-y and fiber goodness! Tuesdays is Knit night from 6 til 9, we have a lot of fun!

Suzanne

I'm not crazy.....I'm colourful. Sounds better on a resume.
Go to Top of Page

cpknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  3:39:15 PM  Show Profile Send cpknits a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from another frozen area. Enjoy the forums!

Carol, Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

Jaknit
Seriously Hooked

639 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  12:14:12 PM  Show Profile Send Jaknit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi from a warmer area (So CA), but did live in MI for 5 years and loved shoveling the snow, much to my husband's amazement. Hope you enjoy the great discussions and helpful experience available here.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

eldergirl
Permanent Resident

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  5:47:01 PM  Show Profile Send eldergirl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from a Baltimoron! ( just kidding--I'm as smart as I need to be)

The KR forums are great for inspiration, support, goofiness, intelligent discussion, tasteful and polite rants, and all things knitting.

Have fun---we all do!

Anna
Go to Top of Page

Lynn60
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  12:11:42 PM  Show Profile Send Lynn60 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi from a "troll" ,those of you from Michigan will understand what that means (below the bridge).Located west of Alpena on the river. I spin and knit, have been doing this for only 5 years. Our little group locally has 6 members and we have pioneer dresses we wear to spin in front of a crowd at the different events we are asked to attend; Museums,Light Houses, the Mill, Art&Crafts Fairs, and county fairs. We all enjoy doing this , wecan sit & knit and spin together which is the most interesting and is
great for learning. Come join us sometime, we will be at the Hillman Mill this Saturday (10/6) 10-3. See you there. Lynn
Go to Top of Page

jtamsn
Permanent Resident

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  04:58:52 AM  Show Profile Send jtamsn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, from Maine!
judy
Go to Top of Page

slaggyc
Permanent Resident

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  9:31:26 PM  Show Profile Send slaggyc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from California! I think knitting baby items is one of my favorite things to knit too! They make such special gifts! So glad you are here!

Slaggyc
http://buggyandbuddy.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  06:13:32 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from Australia where it does get cold enough for jumpers (sweaters) hats and gloves and even scarves sometimes in a few places for a couple of months each year but those items often do not get the use they deserve. It sounds like you are in an ideal place to wrap up in soft woolliness.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?