Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Beaverslide shop at last!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MTinMT
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  09:04:53 AM  Show Profile Send MTinMT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beaverslide yarn fans will be interested to know that Leanne has opened a shop so we can see and touch all her amazing yarn. It is part of Dupuyer Cache on U.S. Highway 89. With lace curtains, restored hardwood floor, a chandelier, an antique spinning wheel and all those lovely Beaverslide yarn colors, it's a take-your-breath-away spot.

MTinMT

Sharyn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  06:14:37 AM  Show Profile Send Sharyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I was trying to think of a good day trip destination for spring break week! Not sure about the rest of the family...but maybe I'll get some friends together and take a drive.
Sharyn
Go to Top of Page

MTinMT
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  12:45:40 PM  Show Profile Send MTinMT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sharyn (and others),
Check ahead by phone or email...the shop is not open every day, but Leanne will usually come over if she's available.

MTinMT
Go to Top of Page

sobahime
Warming Up

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  12:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit sobahime's Homepage Send sobahime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MTinMT,

How do you like Beaverslide's yarn? I learned about Beaverslide in Clara's book, and I am interested in the yarn because the company uses minimal processing and I like local (made in US) products.
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  05:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered from Beaverslide this week and I'm really looking forward to working with this yarn. I've only seen positive comments about it all over the internet.

Much as I would love to visit the new shop I usually don't go much farther west than 9th Avenue.

GFTC of NYC
my knitting photos on Flickr or Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

stephcat
Gabber Extraordinaire

510 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  10:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit stephcat's Homepage Send stephcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only done some swatching w/ it so far but love it! would definitely get again.

Steph

http://www.sunsetcat.com
StephCat on Ravelry!
http://aranknittingring.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MTinMT
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  8:31:14 PM  Show Profile Send MTinMT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sobahime,
Beaverslide yarn is wonderful in many ways.
It's a pleasure to work with - for people who think wool is too rough or scratchy, this yarn will change their minds - and the quality improves every year.
I love the depth and complexity of the colors. I knit lots of caps often combining several colors. My personal favorites are the heathers.
Best of all, this yarn is a great value.

MTinMT
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  12:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My yarn arrived from Beaverslide and I am thrilled. The color, Mink Heather, is gorgeous and matches the strands from the color card exactly. I can only describe the yarn as lush, soft, and beautiful. I can't wait to knit with it.

GFTC of NYC
my knitting photos on Flickr or Ravelry
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  1:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW, now I have yet another reason to visit Montana. A whole Beaverslide shop! That's really something. And I can only imagine how good the place must smell. Thanks for the heads-up!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

MTinMT
New Pal

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  2:13:36 PM  Show Profile Send MTinMT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday Leanne brought the new 2009 Beaverslide yarn into the shop - some beautiful, rich fall colors.

MTinMT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?