Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Mid-Gauge Machines
 Cast-on comb for KX-350
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jhfiddler
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  07:35:49 AM  Show Profile Send jhfiddler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone: Could anyone tell me if there is a cast-on comb for the KX-350? I got this machine with a cast-on comb from a friend in another state who does not have a computer-so can't contact her about this. She had several knit machines in her shop-but when rounding up the equipment for the KX-350-she did not have claw weights-only little triangle ones with S-hooks and the cast-on comb she included does not seem to fit. When I did try to use it-it seems that the teeth are to short and the carriage hits it. I used to have a Toyota standard and that cast-on comb had small wire teeth and hung lower-which would work. I read somewhere while searching on-line for the sponge bar that this machine does not use a cast-on comb? Does anyone know?...Thanks, Judy-jhfiddler

jhfiddler
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  3:26:38 PM  Show Profile Send jhfiddler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jhfiddler

Hello everyone: Could anyone tell me if there is a cast-on comb for the KX-350? I got this machine with a cast-on comb from a friend in another state who does not have a computer-so can't contact her about this. She had several knit machines in her shop-but when rounding up the equipment for the KX-350-she did not have claw weights-only little triangle ones with S-hooks and the cast-on comb she included does not seem to fit. When I did try to use it-it seems that the teeth are to short and the carriage hits it. I used to have a Toyota standard and that cast-on comb had small wire teeth and hung lower-which would work. I read somewhere while searching on-line for the sponge bar that this machine does not use a cast-on comb? Does anyone know?...Thanks, Judy-jhfiddler

Go to Top of Page

stove0852
New Pal

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  8:22:48 PM  Show Profile Send stove0852 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that the KX 350 does have a cast on comb as part of the original equipment but it isn't totally necessary to have a cast on comb to make the machine work. You can use an e-wrap cast on that doesn't require the cast on comb. As far as the sponge bar is concerned the 350 doesn't use a sponge bar it uses a sponge strip.
The Knitting Closet has these and the instructions for changing them, which can be somewhat tricky. Hope you can get your machine up and running.
Steve in Norfolk, Va.

Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.