Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Hooray, it's finished!
 Prayer Shawl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grandma Knitting Lynne
Permanent Resident

USA
1039 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2009 :  10:32:23 PM  Show Profile Send Grandma Knitting Lynne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished about 2 weeks ago my first prayer shawl that I gave to an older lady at my neighbors church
I made it out of Lion Homestead Yarn It took 2 skeins to make it so it cost about $10.00 for the 2 skeins of yarn
I used large needles and just knitted 60 sts for 60 inches
I put fringe on the two ends of the shawl
The lady who recieved it loves it
My neighbors church is planning on making several prayer shawls
I will be making more using several different patterns
Grandma Knitting Lynne

Lynne Tognoli

Grandma Knitting Lynne
Permanent Resident

USA
1039 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  10:13:56 PM  Show Profile Send Grandma Knitting Lynne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have finished a total of 4 prayer shawls and I am currently working on number 5 prayer shawls
One of them went to my mother in law
I also donated 7 tall kitchen trash bags to my neighbors church so the ladies could learn how to make the prayer shawls and have yarn to make them with
It sure feels good to help others to learn how to make things
Grandma Knitting Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Grandma Knitting Lynne
Permanent Resident

USA
1039 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  1:21:20 PM  Show Profile Send Grandma Knitting Lynne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished the prayer shawl for my daughter
Her best friends mother broke her leg and while healing developed a blood clot she passed away on June 17th in the evening
Her daughter was to be married in Sept
Our daughter is staying with her best friend as she will not eat or sleep
But I am happy that the prayer shawl for my daughter is finished
Grandma Knitting Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Grandma Knitting Lynne
Permanent Resident

USA
1039 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  9:12:41 PM  Show Profile Send Grandma Knitting Lynne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I finished the 7th prayer shawl and mailed the 6th to my daughter and the 7th to my mother in law to give to her friend
So in a little over a month I have made 7 prayer shawls and given them out
It sure feels good to have that many done in a little over a month
Grandma knitting Lynne
Go to Top of Page

Lynne604
Warming Up

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  12:47:33 PM  Show Profile Send Lynne604 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have made three shawls and one lap blanket. I love giving to others in this way.
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  07:09:31 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You will probably all think me very silly but I do not know what a prayer shawl is. I am a Christian and a regular church goer but we do not use them in our church or in any parish that I have even been. I would love to know. I hope I have not offended anyone by asking.

I knit a hug into every stitch
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  07:26:16 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's OK folks. I looked under the shawls topic and found an explanation. What a lovely idea. It particularly suits my philosophy of knitting as expressed in my signature line -

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  08:58:32 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand-Moogi, when I saw Lynne604's post, I went back and read too, and the idea totally reminded me of you and your signature line. (:

Hope your back is feeling better. I noticed we hadn't heard from you in a while. And right after your foot! What a nuisance!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  06:57:19 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the stupid foot is still not healed. I have given up on the boot. Doc says it will heal in its own good time. And between the foot and the back I had the amazing mysterious infection which lasted about amonth, and my DD was diagnosed with prostate cancer. But I am sure it will all be over soon.

Go to Top of Page

robinstephanie
Permanent Resident

USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  10:05:23 AM  Show Profile Send robinstephanie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand-Moogi, what a winter you have had. One thing after the other like that can be so trying--and I'm so sorry to hear about your loved one's diagnosis. My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia years ago, so I have been there. Please try to take extra good care of yourself, and know that your friends here will be thinking about you and your family.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Go to Top of Page

Grand-moogi
Seriously Hooked

Australia
783 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2012 :  03:06:47 AM  Show Profile Send Grand-moogi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou Robinsteph.
Crafty has been so lovely PMing me and I have kept her up to date with things.
However, last night my DH had a turn and we took him off to the hospital again (Where he is chairman of the hospital board) and it turns out he has a blood clot so we have to keep up the prayers.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?